Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2012, 14:19   #31

Boat: Endurance 35
V nice!!
JulianGullsway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2016, 19:55   #32

Re: Reinell 26' - My First Sailboat

I grew up on one of these sail boats! It was so great and now I get to have her to myself in Vancouver. We traveled through the Islands for years and honestly the best way to learn about it is to do it! I came across you Post while searching and searching for the original manual as well. How did your Trip go? Do you still have your boat?
AprilHannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2016, 21:08   #33

Boat: Reinell 26

We love our 26' "Mangy Mermaid" Solid little RV on the water LOL... It is stable and does not rock from side to side. She LOVES the wind. When all J24's are packing up and hunkering down in their slips, we are out there zig zagging all over the place. We did purchase a head sail much larger than recommended, It goes about 3 or 4 foot past the mast (if that makes sense) It is much needed to get her to move a little faster along. It is a comfortable and spacious little cruiser.
MsSheralee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2016, 21:28   #34

Shes beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsSheralee View Post
We love our 26' "Mangy Mermaid" Solid little RV on the water LOL... It is stable and does not rock from side to side. She LOVES the wind. When all J24's are packing up and hunkering down in their slips, we are out there zig zagging all over the place. We did purchase a head sail much larger than recommended, It goes about 3 or 4 foot past the mast (if that makes sense) It is much needed to get her to move a little faster along. It is a comfortable and spacious little cruiser.
Old 18-08-2016, 21:43   #35

Boat: Reinell 26

I am trying to figure how to post pictures of the "Mangy Mermaid" !! I will post more once I sort it all out.
MsSheralee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2017, 19:45   #36

Hello Reinell Owners. I to am a Reinell 26' sailboat owner. Just bought the boat the other day. But it didn't come with any rigginf gor the mast.

Could someone tell me the Size of cable..(im' guessing 3/16)
and the length (back/forstays, etc).

Thanks!
Frying Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2017, 07:50   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frying Dutch View Post
Hello Reinell Owners. I to am a Reinell 26' sailboat owner. Just bought the boat the other day. But it didn't come with any rigginf gor the mast.

Could someone tell me the Size of cable..(im' guessing 3/16)
and the length (back/forstays, etc).

Thanks!
Hello!
Welcome to the Reinell family. I have an Instagram and a Youtube Channel called "SailingWithTheTide". I am in the middle of fully refurbishing mine and the next step will be the Mast and new rigging. If you want to drop me a message at sailingwiththetide@gmail.com I can send you all the measurements once I know.

Happy sailing. Let me know how it goes.
April Hannah
Old 04-01-2021, 18:40   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixstringwiley View Post
Hi Systech. I also have a 1975 Reinell 26' sailboat, and I have the owners book with complete wiring diagram. If you like I can fax it to you. Does your boat have an inboard? Mine has a baldwin marine 2 stroke 2 cyl inboard. I am almost done with it's refit, but it currently sails. I live in San Diego and have a great time on the bay here. I want to take my boat to Catalina island this fall it's about 100 miles or so. Did you do your Vancouver trip? I hope all is well skipper, and let me know if you still need the owners book info..
I just bought a Reinell 26’. Would you mind emailing me the owners book? Patrick.vankirk@gmail.com
patrick.vankirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2021, 10:30   #39

Just got a 1974 26' Reinell Sailboat, my first sailboat ever. Will attempt a full restoration having never owned a sailboat . Wish me luck!
Alexsail22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2021, 17:33   #40

Good luck. I plan on working on mine over the summer.
patrick.vankirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2023, 03:34   #41

Hello from France!

I am in the process of purchasing a Reinell 2600 as well. Link to the offer: https://www.leboncoin.fr/offre/nautisme/2404590802

I have to say I have many questions, none of the electronic navigating gear work, the boat is pretty much full of mold (moisture) inside because I think the insulating material is wet. The owner did try to fix it by inserting insulating foam in the inside of the hull, yet I could see it really didn't go through every part of the hull since even on the deck I could at some point feel the inside was somehow "empty" if I make myself clear.

Stanchions are moving a bit as well, not great for safety so that would be one of the first thing to repair.

What do you think about the price of the boat ?

Also, has anyone redone the insulation, if so I would love to get feedbacks here

I have took some pictures as well if needed

Thank you so much everyone !
Mandorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2023, 14:37   #42

It sounds like a high price for a boat with the problems that you mentioned, also it seems not to have an anchor winch and is apparently propelled by an outboard motor, possibly electric. The interior looks pretty good and those stanchions are more of a cautionary device, (even if they were in perfect condition I’d be wary of em) but easily repairable.
Are you planning on de masting and traveling on the canals?
skipperpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2023, 15:08   #43

Boat: C&C 27 Mk III

Are you saying the deck feels empty? Like sinks a bit when you walk on it?
Old 19-09-2023, 17:03   #44

Reinell 26' - My First Sailboat

There’s a fairly long thread from 2007 on this forum that might be useful, here’s a screen shot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3212.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	294.1 KB
ID:	281229  
skipperpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2023, 02:19   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipperpete View Post
It sounds like a high price for a boat with the problems that you mentioned, also it seems not to have an anchor winch and is apparently propelled by an outboard motor, possibly electric. The interior looks pretty good and those stanchions are more of a cautionary device, (even if they were in perfect condition I’d be wary of em) but easily repairable.
Are you planning on de masting and traveling on the canals?

Thank you for such a fast answer !! It doesn't have an anchor winch as you say, the motor is an outboard one, thermical tough, 5cv and it also has a 2cv.

Interior looks good on pictures but wasn't looking so good on détails when I visited it, nothing bad but defnitly needs some reparations.

Yes, I am planning on living onboard and navigating around french canals and hopefully one day sail around french brittany !

Also yesterday I was talking with a sailor about a strange thing. There is a hole on the floor right in front of the cabin and toilets. The actual owner told me the mast used to go through there apparently but when talking about it with my sailor friend, he said it is not usually the mast that fits here but only a pole to hold the weight of the deck. Do you guys have this as well ont your Reinell ? Basically I wonder if it's the manufacturers who decided not to install a pole or if it has been removed by one of the former owner.

Once again, thank you so luch for your answers !

Oh and I read all the thread but didn't find any answer fitting my questions unfortunalty !

Have a nice day
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	379306180_838989884601127_12440584166803191_n.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	269.6 KB
ID:	281234   Click image for larger version

Name:	379345838_1036257804057378_883800956002513387_n.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	226.4 KB
ID:	281235  

Mandorla is offline   Reply With Quote