Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2012, 13:33   #1

Boat: 'Pacific 30' sloop - being optimized for singlehanding
Ranger 30, searching for info

Can anyone provide info on the Ranger 30? (I do have the original brochure, but it's mostly just a cheery sales item.) They were built in California by the Ranger division of Bangor Punta in the 1970's. I am looking for a suitable boat that is 30 feet LOA maximum that can participate in some long distance single-hand races, but that would also be an acceptable voyager. Not a cruiser - no SoPac sojourns nor live-aboard time is planned. The Ranger 30 would seem about ideal in the price range expected.

The boats appear to be well built, fast for their size and displacement, and just the right dimensions. I am curious, however, if she has a small bilge sump that is molded down from the garboards - it anyone has info about that feature, it would also be appreciated. To cut down shipping charges, I am only interested in west coast USA or Great Lakes boats, as I am based in the Seattle area.
Billy Higgins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arc, ranger