Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 09:10   #1

Possible First Boat - 70s Oday 22

Okay, so I've been boat shopping. This one wasn't at the top of my list of desired boats, but the owner is a friend who has to get rid of it quick and dropped the price to a third of the asking ($1,500). Seeing as how I'm new to sailing and boat owner ship, I'd like see what you guys thought. It's a bit of a fixer-up, but I'm prepared and actually looking forward to spending time getting her spiffed up.

1971 O-day 22' includes some worn sails and trailer. I'm told the Bottom Paint is somewhat new. The lines are old, but look usable. The boat itself looks like it's been sitting un-touched on the trailer for awhile. Tires are low/flat. The deck really needs paint. There are a few voids on the transom.. and probably 30 other small things need fixing

There is standing water in the cabin. Not a lot, and it appears to be entering through the companionway hatch that isn't very secure. Should be a simple fix (or tarp it)

I noticed this void where the trailer attaches. I assume it's not serious?

Schuyler is offline   Reply With Quote