Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-01-2014, 15:18   #1

Boat: 1973 Easterly 36
Pearson Vanguard

So I'm looking into moving up a few feet in boats and going to a Pearson Vangaurd. The problem is I can't seem to find the specs I'm looking for on the boat. I'm 6'2" and want to know how long the V-berth is? Anyone with one care to comment? Or have you sailed aboard one and are 6'7" and had plenty of room? Also any other comments or concerns with the Vanguards? I've read all an exhausting 3 day google search can seem to muster! Thanks for the help and wish me luck on the making an offer!
Old 30-12-2014, 09:34   #2

Boat: 1963 & '65 Pearson Vanguard
Re: Pearson Vanguard

I am 5'10" and my toes hit on our '63 PV, but we've built a little cubby on that one- on our '64 there is a solid foot or more of space without the cubby. We are out of town till Sunday but I can measure it for you if you'd like.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
climbinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2014, 10:01   #3

Boat: 1973 Easterly 36

... You have multiple Vanguards?!? Talk about a sucker for punishment in the varnish department lol!

Thanks for your reply, we have actually already gone and looked at that boat. The bunks in the vberth and quarter berth were more than long enough for me at 6'2" with at least another 6-8" to spare. Room enough to put my arms above my head comfortably.

Alas though the temptation of something that sails a bit better to windward has won out over the beautiful and classic lines of Mr Alberg. We are considering something a little bigger as well, due to the new crew member we are expecting to show up in late May! Thanks for the feedback, and cheers to you for looking after two beautiful old boats!
Old 30-12-2014, 10:07   #4

Boat: 1963 & '65 Pearson Vanguard

We bought the '65 (oops on the 64) 4 years ago and than worked and worked to re-do the entire thing, gutted it , and than out of nowhere our friend broke his mast on his '63, getting a full insurance payout- so we bought it for cheap- and updated the electrical, purchased new rigging and moved the mast over from the '65. Putting us in the water faster and it had the dual settee layout which felt much roomier for living the next two years! Congratulations on the soon to be family member !

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
climbinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pearson