Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2008, 01:19   #1

Boat: 30ft-Acen
OMG its a boat

well... ive been cleening evreything up got almost all of the boat cleen up to the nav table and the kitchen area. looks better. found 1 flaw is that there is no drane frome the seet storage to the buildge, so watter will build up in there. it eems to have rotted away the bottom of a flore section. the top wood is good, bottom bord is bad thow not a hard fabercation, it was a wee bit too big in the 1st place.

there was a old wooden sail boat that fell to wood worms watcher her get cut up. apparently the old perkens that she had is in good shape. if the inspection of my moter gose bad i may enwuire about this one and see if it will even fit.

also pulld out the main sail today to find that it hase 5 battens, and reefing ties. this is a 1973 raceing boat so may have been the thing then... but good news is its in assom shape. looks barly used, now for the task of getting the jib off the furler and inspecting that.

o yes and finly met my neabor hes a fue places down frome me, hase maby a 35-40 hard to tell. had a pissing contest to see whose boat was closer to sinking... thats right i win :-P his thrue hulls may be as bad as mine but i saved the boat 3 times frome sinking in the marina. hes the one who informed me about the moter.
ShadowRWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 01:25   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Now boatless :-(
Sounds great Shadow. Our cockpit lockers have draining issues as well. Only reversed. The cockpit lockers leak rainwater in, then the water drains into the cabin under the side berths, then we sail and as soon as we heel over the water is on the cabin sole - grrr....

Just haven't gotten to replacing the cockpit locker seals yet.
Ex-Calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 01:37   #3

mines comming in thrue the leeks in the windows... watting on material... next week... lol towles will have to serfice for now.

uhh o im thinking agen... there is a gaskit shop on the ship im with... maby i could get some made for the windows.... o well will wate and see how this works out first
Old 08-11-2008, 14:06   #4

well one project i need to start looking in to is the rudder barrings, there on there whay out. since this is a custom boat and i cant just go out and pick a set off the shelf, how do i figure out what size they are and who i should order thrue.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:41   #5

1 more thing that in wondering. the sails have battens. il probobly lay out the main today and take a picture.

what do battens do for the sail
(rember ACEN is a old racing boat)
Old 09-11-2008, 12:59   #6

Boat: Columbia 57 "Angelique"
Battens are necessary if the sail has "Roach" that is if the sail is not cut on a straight line from head to clew. Without battens in a sail designed to have them (most of them) you will have no sail shape and very lousy performance from your sail(s).
try spell check!
cptnandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 13:07   #7

spell check youre crazy. when i hit that buttion a hand comes outa the moniter and slaps me. i blame the California school system.

well the sail is cut in a straght line i beleve il take a closer look maby i mised something. il take some pictures today.

also having my frend come look at the moter today. he hase a lot of experence with moters not necasarly marine moters but a diesel is more or less the same as any other, just a diffrent cooling method.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:46   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRWolf View Post
well one project i need to start looking in to is the rudder barrings, there on there whay out. since this is a custom boat and i cant just go out and pick a set off the shelf, how do i figure out what size they are and who i should order thrue.

still looken for help with this one
Old 12-11-2008, 22:04   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowRWolf View Post
still looken for help with this one

somone out there hase got to know somethen that culd help me
Old 12-11-2008, 22:52   #10

Boat: Irwin 41 CC Ketch
Shadow

You are going to have to pull the old ones first so you can see if they match any in production now...some boats like mine did have factory spec-ed bushings that once the Co. went under are not readily available any more once supplies dwindled...but as with anything a fix is just a little ingenuity away.

What size is your rudder shaft..More then likely it is a standard size and the OD is what will be possibly a retro fit.
Stillraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2008, 02:44   #11

okes il poke around tx
Old 22-11-2008, 06:04   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Now boatless :-(
Shadow - I presume they are bronze bearings? You'll have to get them out and measure them. They are likely pretty standard. If I remember your boat is a Japanese boat? They might be metric and you might have to get them in Japan.

As you work through the retorfit you might have better luck posting in the refit sections of the board.
Ex-Calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2008, 01:12   #13

kk will do havent done anything on it latly, stupid holladays seems to be when all the work comes in.