Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-11-2007, 06:13   #31

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 311
Thumbs up

The Tartan Tock is not a boat I ever came across on our side of the pond, so I had a read about it here:

The Tartan TOCK

We ran into Yankee and Irving Johnson in the spring of 1970, in the volcanic port of Ischia, off the west coast of Italy. A very fine boat it was too and the first time I came across a rope anchor line mounted on a drum on deck.

What a great looking boat she is, I am sure you would love to look after her.

I am envious now, as I always wanted a Trewes Privateer or small Jongert and she is very similar. I never had the sort of money for one of those and never will.

I see she shares Yankee's shallow draft, so she could pass through the European canal system if you ever get over here.

I do hope you manage to get her.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JamesFrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2007, 11:48   #32

Thanks James, our fingers and toes are crossed hoping she surveys well, then it's work, work, work to get her clean and shiney again. As for the price, she's a steal. I've been to Paris and have longed to see more of the countryside, thanks for the info on the canals!
Janny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2007, 13:10   #33

If you want it, get it. I have a Hans Christian, and if I asked everyone on here whether or not I should have bought it, I'd get split answers down the middle. It's not that people's opinions are invalid, it's just that they're opinions.

For a 1971 boat, the maintenance for the last 36 years is going to matter just as much if not more than the design.

Every vessel has pros and cons, but I would be hard pressed to imagine an Islander falling apart magically in a burst of flames.

Sail the hell out of it.
rebel heart is offline   Reply With Quote