Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-12-2009, 20:29   #1

Boat: '88 Hunter Legend 35
Send a message via Skype™ to spinwing
Niagara 35 Questions

OK! We made an offer on a Hinterhoeller Niagara 35 now the fun starts. We plan to live aboard after it splashes for the summer. We have already downsized from 4000 # ft to 3000 # ft and on the way down to 2000 # ft. New house will not be ready until November ’10.
Questions:
WIRING: Wiring needs redoing. Has anyone got or can point me to a wiring schematic for this boat and the mast. Most of the electronics are 15+ years old so they will be replaced.
TRAVELLER I am not certain that I will like the split mainsheets setup. Has anyone added an aftermarket traveller. Ideally, the strong points for the current blocks could be used.
DOUBLE BUNK Has anyone modified the starboard cabin bunk into a true double bunk rather than a glorified Vee berth. I should mention that one of the attractions of the boat is the length of the settees; we are 6’ 5” and 6’.
That should do it for the first evening.

Thanks all.
spinwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 07:05   #2

Location: Currently based near Jacksonville FL; WHOOSH's homeport is St. Pete, FL USA
Boat: WHOOSH, Pearson 424 Ketch
Spin:

Given the nature of your Q's, I'd suggest you try to locate a Niagra owner's group on the web. Failing that, you might look for some BB's that would be likely to have Hinterholler owners - e.g. there was a very nice Canadian BB several years ago that focused on sailing and many of the posters were very familiar with/owned Canadian boats. And finally, it may not be too difficult to find who were some of the Hinterholler dealers in your region of the country. There may well be someone at one of those dealerships who has a depository of useful info you could mine with a phone call.

Congrats on the purchase and good luck on shucking all 'the stuff'.

Jack