Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-03-2008, 04:46   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: Gozzard 36
Send a message via Skype™ to Pblais
Just for clarity. I have merged the other thread started by the same poster into this thread since it was originated by a duplicate post. Members are reminded one thread per topic. We don't need or allow two of the same threads in the forum.
Pblais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 04:53   #17
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Quote:
Originally Posted by donradcliffe
.. The point is, all the boats made it and everyone is having a good time down here in the warm sun, regardless of boat size and cost ...
Messages donradcliff probably didn’t overhear on the VHF:

“Carnival was great huh?”
“For you sure.”
“Excuse me?”
“Your boat’s a Sabre 452."

“Nice Sunset!”
“Not from my boat.”

“Did you Drag anchor last night?”
“No chance, my boat’s a Morris 34.”

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 05:03   #18
Marine Service Provider

Boat: CS-36T - Cupecoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiprJohn View Post
Aloha Acoustic,
You didn't list the International Folkboat. Definitely bluewater. Lots of them cruising even if they are only 26 feet.
JohnL

I missed a TON of Water boats">blue water boats and that list was merely an example.. The Folkboat is a good one that I missed!!
Old 06-03-2008, 18:21   #19

Yes, my budget is 60-80k.

I'm actually doing a lot of research and I'm glad that I started this post because a lot of useful information has been brought foward. Thanks Acoustic for the tentative list. It has been very very helpful.
elcubanito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 18:22   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pblais View Post
Just for clarity. I have merged the other thread started by the same poster into this thread since it was originated by a duplicate post. Members are reminded one thread per topic. We don't need or allow two of the same threads in the forum.
sorry about the duplicate post. It was a mistake...internet connection problems...I thought it didnt go through.
elcubanito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:59   #21

Some boat manufactures never seen to get a break. I see this thread on all the boards and what seems to be the same responses. I owned a hunter 36 and sailed her up and down the east coast with out ever a problem. I had ac, fridge, the works and only had them fix a few cosmetic items which hunter fixed with out even seeing the boat. Mailed me the parts. I did buy a brand new one 2003 and sold it to my partner this year. I find most people that have negative words on boats have never really owned one. I was never able to push in the side of my boat and she was even hit by a power boat under way on the port side and only left a scuff and a light scratch that was easily fixed. Of course by the other person. Are you really going to sail around the world hundreds of miles out in the ocean or are you going to stick to most of the coasts. It also has a lot to do with how you fit out your boat. I can tell you after living on the 36 for a few months I would not go smaller. I have spend a lot of time on a 33 and would go to the 36. Go sail the boats, look at the boats and buy what you want. Get advice but the real decision is what you are going to do with it and what you can live with. The bigger you go the more it cost. I don’t know if I would agree with the blue water list but you certainly put the more expensive boats on it. Beneteau are in charter companies and hunter is now exclusive to sail time. Must not be to bad of boats.
Randall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 19:00   #22

Boat: Radford 450 45' Vamoose
Elcubanito
I had the good fortune to be in English Harbor Antigua when Michael Perham finished his Atlantic crossing in his family built 28 ft sailboat. Michael was followed very closely by his father in and identical boat and were only boat lengths apart crossing the Atlantic. Michael choose this boat for business reasons, his father builds them. You would not want to spend much time living aboard as it was a minimal in the way of living space, head, galley etc. I agree with the list offered by Acoustic, all except Beneteau even the early ones big or small. One other design I have sailed and love, the Vertue by Laurent Giles a great little ship with a long track record of circumnavigations. The Vertue is a little ship 25 foot but what a ship, they come in Wood, or Glass I prefer the Wood version as I have spent many enjoyable voyages aboard one. You can find them listed on Yachtworld.com
minisailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:05   #23
Eternal Member

Boat: Simpson, Catamaran, 46ft. IMAGINE
David Old Jersey,

Everybody knows you can't even get across the river unless you are on at least a 45ft. cat........
imagine2frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2008, 19:31   #24

Boat: Baba 30
Acoustic, I notice you mentioned the "older" Cals as being blue water capable. May I ask why? What constitutes an "old" Cal? We are looking at a 1967 Cal 34' with thoughts of sailing down the west coast to Mexico. I feel the boat is capable, but I'm still catching flak from our full keel friends. Love to hear some thoughts on this boat.
Bob
bob and sharon is offline   Reply With Quote