Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-07-2011, 21:09   #1

Boat: 1974 Cal 29
Need Help Finding a Boat for a Friend

A friend of mine has been cruising for 11 years now, and recently lost his boat to a drunken powerboater running into him at high speed at anchor (neither boat is insured). The guy had basically stolen the boat and is a worthless boozer who plead guilty and had a $6900 judgement imposed at $100 per month, starting in August. About worthless, that is...

So my friend sold his boat for $1,000 (with a hole in the bow, the fact that he found someone happy to buy it amazes me) and has about $1,000 more saved up. He might be getting more money from the owner of the boat (the drunks father), but for now this is what he has to work with.

Short-term, he's looking for almost anything with standing headroom. He's 6'4" so I'm assuming he means more than his height, which I realize is a tall order.

Long-term he wants something between 30' and 40' that is functionally mobile (engine works, sails are good, sail systems work). He's taking tons of parts from his boat to go on the next one, and can fix just about anything although obviously he's not looking for a long-term project (he's 55-ish).

He is willing to travel pretty much anywhere in the country for the right boat / deal, so I am asking all of you to help me look for something for him.
Seafarer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 17:34   #2

Re: Need Help Finding a Boat for a Friend

It is with regret that we find ourselves having to sell our yacht " Ocean Rose ". This due to the fact that we live on the east coast of Australia now and the water depth is too shallow for this boat. There are a lot of bar entrances on this coast line. So you might like to have a look at this yacht as it is very unique but built by an engineer and certified welder at the time. It may not be what your friend is looking for but the price is below what it cost to build in materials alone. The boat is for sale and you may view this at www.yachtoceanrose.com Feel free to email me to ask questions as the web does go into a lot of the detail but all. This is a ketch with a high spec. and with details built into it that is not found on other vessel, but should be.
Oz Steel is offline   Reply With Quote