Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2011, 14:39   #91
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
Crap!
I had my thread post almost completed too.
as far as i know, (cause i didnt read the rules), there arent any rules prohibiting cyber begging.. but, i can be wrong and probably will be corrected soon enuf

kinda strange if you think about it.. that I am suggesting MORE RULES...

but, i have always suggested that rules on forums be consistant with current social rules, and begging in public is kinda frowned on by many business owners... so this forum would/could fall into that category???
Old 06-01-2011, 14:40   #92
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
s difficult for me to receive --i am a giver-- feels weird receiving from others.... if there is ANYTHING i am able to do for ye i will manage to accomplish that and help allayouz out too... (when i am better able)-- after i leave here is going to be more financially able to do and help..
and, should ye get the hankering for sailing, as i sail onward, ye are invited to join me for warm water and sailing!!!

welcome,lauri-- i hope you have smooth sailing !!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 14:42   #93
cruiser

I was going to ask for some peace of mind.
Does Paypal work for that?
Old 06-01-2011, 14:43   #94
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast
Ok I sent a test contribution via paypal. It said

"K*** * **** will receive $"

*** are my own to hide names.

I hope we sent it to the correct party! zeezee you will need to check and report back. Dont want to post the name that was reflected back
Old 06-01-2011, 15:04   #95

I don't think of this as cyber begging at all. We are always free to give to whomever. Zee had a problem, and since we couldn't get to San Diego to lift the stern of her boat we (collectively) found a way to help. I have no interest in supporting Laura Dekker's pursuit so have ignored the email reporting her father is looking for funds. We are all free to help whomever we want. Zee's posts give me no end of amusement and hope for all of us and so I decided to help her the only way I could. God help us, we don't need any more rules.
And, I don't think Zee should report what she receives because it will only lead to judgments about how much she or anyone "deserves." Do what you feel good about, a lot, a little or nothing but don't impose obligations on Zee. God knows, she might feel as if she had to clean up her grammar or typing and then where would we be? Bereft is where.
Old 06-01-2011, 15:12   #96

Boat: 1970 23' O'day pop-top
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergovoy View Post
as far as i know, (cause i didnt read the rules), there arent any rules prohibiting cyber begging.. but, i can be wrong and probably will be corrected soon enuf

but, i have always suggested that rules on forums be consistant with current social rules, and begging in public is kinda frowned on by many business owners... so this forum would/could fall into that category???

Old 06-01-2011, 15:12   #97

i am so overwhelmed to be the benefactrix of you awesome folks--- i need to DO something for ye.... come sail with me when i am done repairing-- whatever !!!! medical advice--that is sooo easy -i GIVE that all the time!!! comes naturally--
sail trip in warm waters-- even to the warm waters-
if i could type without typos i could rule the world--lol but i couldnt type-- just typo-- and so i am nursee.. we didnt have to type in my day!!! besides, i think ruling the world is a crock anyway...no love in it--just hardship and heartache--i am happy enough in my sphere-- i made it, after all--i loved the work i did -- did for so long and i miss being able to help others as much as i was able to at work..i try to share the fun with folks--
Old 06-01-2011, 15:20   #98

Boat: Beneteau 41S5
Aha - Now I know your real name!!! Good luck and enjoy that peace of mind you're going to get.
Old 06-01-2011, 15:20   #99

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergovoy View Post

Depends on what country you are from.

A couple of us begged for a catamaran in the past and the threads were removed.
Old 06-01-2011, 15:21   #100
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast
Got zeezees confirm offline on my contribution, so it looks like it is working.

Just to clarify the history here:

Zee didn't originally ask for ANY help. Repeat: ANY help. This was an offline idea by two of her friends to try and get her some additional hands w/o her involvement or knowledge. Generally want to get her arse on the water and down to mexico safely.

Then she found this thread, showed some pictures of the issue. Also, along the way we weren't getting a lot of local San Diego support and someone here came up with the idea of contribution $.

So I think this is a great idea and a communication from her friends in support.
Old 06-01-2011, 15:23   #101
cruiser

i guess i wasnt clear...

I thought i suggested thta ZEE's situatin and this effort is not cyber begging.. she dint ask for anything and in fact kinda refused it a coupletimes...

I was merely pointing out that i have seen others cyber beg before and it lloks bad for the forum and community in general, kinda like spam...

And i was only suggesting that she 'report', i.e. let us know that she did well enough to be made whole again... certainly nothing i say/suggest is a demand or requirement...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannah on 'Rita T' View Post
I don't think of this as cyber begging at all. We are always free to give to whomever. Zee had a problem, and since we couldn't get to San Diego to lift the stern of her boat we (collectively) found a way to help. I have no interest in supporting Laura Dekker's pursuit so have ignored the email reporting her father is looking for funds. We are all free to help whomever we want. Zee's posts give me no end of amusement and hope for all of us and so I decided to help her the only way I could. God help us, we don't need any more rules.
And, I don't think Zee should report what she receives because it will only lead to judgments about how much she or anyone "deserves." Do what you feel good about, a lot, a little or nothing but don't impose obligations on Zee. God knows, she might feel as if she had to clean up her grammar or typing and then where would we be? Bereft is where.
Old 06-01-2011, 15:23   #102
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

Jeez.... I go out for a few hours and I've got 3 1/2 pages to catch up on....
You folks are awesome... I only hoped to pull a coupla hands to do the dirty work and I got a ton of hero's out instead..... What a Beaut... I'm choking up
Nice one guys.....

PS... I agree with the bit about the total recieved.... unless its under the bill in which case Zee should let us know...
Otherwise its what we as individuals choose to donate and we should feel good and happy enough with that...
Zee... as for paying me back... thats gonna cost ya big time...
One day... Pass the Good Karma on.....
Hugz.....
Phil

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 06-01-2011, 15:25   #103
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97fxdwg View Post
Aha - Now I know your real name!!! Good luck and enjoy that peace of mind you're going to get.
if my parents named me K*** **** I would be pissed...
Old 06-01-2011, 15:33   #104
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

Relax Berg....
Hannah's an early ally.... just explaining to us foreigners who aren't quite used to your speak yet....
****.... a lot of us only just started understanding Zee...
Now we gotta learn 'BergSpeak' as well....??

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 06-01-2011, 15:34   #105

rofl-- i was named karenM******.R******...i hated my middle name so shortened it to M..lol....

i have seen cyber shenanigans as well-- and i have also seen some awesomeness happen--like saving shipwrecked sailors and helping folks recover from horrible stories--is a decent thing internetZ-- but CAN be used in horrible ways.

i have been blesssed with knowing ye--and i will do anything i am able to do to help as many others as is i can. this is making my eyes drip --i dont know what to say except wow !! and thankyou guys!! you must really love reading my typos and smart(a**)nesses...

i think berg is gonna be a force to be reckonnned with-- let me know what ye need for yours when i get my head back onto my shoulders..
yeah i guess my typos are a bit tough to figure sometimes.. and my butt is a lot smartser than my brain...
Closed Thread