Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2011, 13:05   #76

OK, Zee, you 're on. Thanks for making it easy for us.
Old 06-01-2011, 13:52   #77
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
ok kate just emailed said y'alla are enthusiastic and i should activate paypal--- i did--is under zeehag@gmail.com.
Old 06-01-2011, 13:53   #78
cruiser

i have communicated with KATE, and it sounds like ZEE is going to be well taken care of.. it truly sounds like they understand ZEE is tight on funds and they hope to minimize the costs as much as they can...

at this moment they arent taking any money yet, but indicated that when they have an understanding of what they are going to do, they will let me know...

I hope ZEE will let us know and I will do my best as well... but for now... it is a good opportunity to save a couple quarters and when the time comes drop whatever you can and want towards a good sailors mionr emergency, knowing we are preventing a major one later on...
Old 06-01-2011, 13:58   #79
cruiser

ok, we crossed messages.

i sent $$$ PLEASE let me know when you get your notice of money sent, and when the money is CLEARED...

PAYPAL sometimes holds funds depending on the senders account setup... if they have their paypal hooked up to their checking account, instead of thier debit card account, (I know, the same thing but not to paypal?)

but, sometimes paypal will put a 10 day hold on the funds...

Mine should be quick, unless paypal is still verifying your information...
Old 06-01-2011, 14:00   #80

Boat: Pearson, 28-1
Called Kate and left message but haven't heard back.

Zee, have you tried the "problem with login" link just below the paypal sign in form:

https://www.paypal.com/

If you had a paypal account and still have the email address that you used to set it up it may be pretty easy to set a new password and get back into the account. If you get the money via paypal it would be easier for most of us, less of an interruption for Kate and better for you since you could spend some on parts etc. away from the yard if needed. It would be worth spending a few minutes looking into it if you haven't already.

Jonathan
Old 06-01-2011, 14:05   #81
cruiser

btw: i also suggest you get the paypal debit card... this will minimize the fees you will incur, (deducted from the money sent to you) as you will get money/percentage back from whatever you use the paypal debit card on...
Old 06-01-2011, 14:07   #82
cruiser

wow, i love the internet... i got my confirmation back, and know that ZEE rec'd my funds... very cool...

maybe Zee can keep track of how much she gets and lets us know.. (I dont mean to track each person and or comment about each person), but just a total.. I would love to know that she got a ton of cash and that she is set and safe....

anyways, whether or not that happens, it is a great thing... this internet forum thing just jumped up a notch for me... the power of the internet is amazing...
Old 06-01-2011, 14:17   #83

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
ok kate just emailed said y'alla are enthusiastic and i should activate paypal--- i did--is under zeehag@gmail.com.

That is just an email address.

Old 06-01-2011, 14:22   #84
cruiser

that is how paypal works.. you enter somone's REGISTERED email address...

you can set it up for mobile fones too... its a great thing to be able to send and recieve money from your cell phone...

this is the reason western union is now BYE BYE

btw, i hate paypal... they make bank on FEEs....literally

I have confirmed that the paypal transaction has gone thru to zeehags address.

I suggest copy and pasting that address into paypal...

and dont worry, if you typo or send it to the wrong person, you can reverse it easily if you do it quickly.

I suggest contacting ZEE and letting her know when you sent the money and she will let you know when she gets noticed by paypal..
Old 06-01-2011, 14:25   #85

Location: Quaker Hill, CT (just above the US Coast Guard Academy)
Boat: Silverton 34 Convertible
This site is the only thing that keeps me going in these long winter months.....

On the PayPal welcome page, click the "Problem with login?" directly under the "Log In" button. There, you'll need to fill in up to three e-mail addresses that you might have signed up under. After that, you'll need to click the "forgot password" link.

Hope this helps.. I'm not rich but I'd help out. Nothing better than boaters/boats......

Lauri (male version) New London, CT
Old 06-01-2011, 14:25   #86

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: None at this time
Therapy, go to PayPal web site and use Zee's email address.
Old 06-01-2011, 14:27   #87
cruiser

also, I strongly suggest that this forum include rules or at least review the rules to include / i mean prohibit cyber begging...

I would not want to see people make a living off of this type of method.. and to be clear, ZEE did not ask for or initiate this action so it would be different/excluded from any such rule...

but i have seen folks ask for pennies, on larger forums hoping that the law of large numbers and the internet would make them rich, and maybe they are... but the intent of this action with ZEE is not that...
Old 06-01-2011, 14:30   #88

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepFrz View Post
Therapy, go to PayPal web site and use Zee's email address.

OH.
Thanks.
Old 06-01-2011, 14:31   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergovoy View Post
also, I strongly suggest that this forum include rules or at least review the rules to include / i mean prohibit cyber begging...

I would not want to see people make a living off of this type of method.. and to be clear, ZEE did not ask for or initiate this action so it would be different/excluded from any such rule...

but i have seen folks ask for pennies, on larger forums hoping that the law of large numbers and the internet would make them rich, and maybe they are... but the intent of this action with ZEE is not that...

Crap!
I had my thread post almost completed too.
Old 06-01-2011, 14:37   #90
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterHoursNLCT View Post
This site is the only thing that keeps me going in these long winter months...
Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Lauri.

Thanks for that helpful advice.

Closed Thread