Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 16:34   #451

I asked why you listed on the other site that you had an envelope with a few hundred dollars for a haulout. I thought the haulout was covered via paypal from the donations? Too bad your cat doesn't talk to you, maybe he could describe the thieves. Since the chain would weigh like 300lbs it would probably take 4 people(2 on your boat handing the bucket to 2 on the thieves boat) to do this crime. That's a lot of booty to have been done by a lone thief. You also said on the other site that the thieves messed up your elec panel and undid some things, what did they do that for? What was stolen that they 'disconnected' and didn't just cut the wires? Why did they leave your computer? I guess you were lucky there.
Old 11-02-2011, 16:39   #452

I guess my other question is that all the things you have listed, gps, ssb, macerator pump, fuel pump, etc. you were planning to have installed and ready to cruise by March 1? Seems like a lot of work to be done before March 1. What about shakedown?
Old 11-02-2011, 16:59   #453

Zee, just out of curiosity, how many forums are collecting money for you? I have found 3 "Zeehag recovery fund" threads on different sites so far.
Old 11-02-2011, 17:13   #454
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
i was not w]=aware of any threads on any forums until i was notified by a friend that something was going on. i was trying to get a listing of what i am still missing an d what i still had to install, mandatorily, before leaving, and what was to be saved until a haul out was to be effected in another place, at another time. many of the items i had were not for installation prior to departure. i needed to ultimately ahul out and repaint--i had 4 gal of that inthere too, didnt ye see that?? i had many things to yet accomplish with this boat after i leave the most expensive place in th world to repair or own a boat. i also have teakwood for use in prokjects later-- the folks didnt know i had it so it was missed . is a goodthing. ihave a few other things still in my shrinking inventory. too bad we didnt get dcost of living raises for 3 yrs despite cost of living having risen.
as for how many forums are collecting money for me? with or without me knowing in advance of the collecting?? are you asking how many are collecting that i initiated-- the answer would have to be in all cases zero. the cf fund formayday is completed and i couldnt get the job done at that price here in sd so i am trying to find how to do it within the guidelines i require and within the amount of of money we had collected. now i am doing that from my own pocket as i was home invaded and my boat repair stuff was taken from me. i appreciate deeply what has been done and i want to burn thieves to the ground.
Old 11-02-2011, 17:26   #455

Wasn't the money collected for use of slings for the repairs and not the repairs. Also, there may be a 4th site as the ones I have seen(with you providing the paypal info and list of stolen items) don't list the paint. Again, what was stolen that the thieves had to disconnect the wires from your panel and in doing so they messed up your panel? In each of the forums I have read YOU have provided the paypal info PRIOR to the money being collected, so I would guess that you would have to have known about the donations prior, so in reality, you had prior knowledge to the donations and accepted(and encouraged) them. Why does it not say on any of the threads that there is money being collected at different sites? You answer seems to me to be disingenuous.
Old 11-02-2011, 17:28   #456
cruiser

i am guessing Ude thinks he is trying to show something that may or maynot be there...and i guess he thinks he is trying to protect other folks from a potental wrongful donation, or fraudulent charity type of scam...

I can appreciate it, but I also think the point is made??? anything further may or may not be needed...

I dont care about the money i gave.... I hope it helps her.. but it is up to her to use it for a purpose that does...

Its like giving money to homeless guys on the street.. i would feel bad if he went out and bought crack with it instead of food or shelter... but, it is up to him.. i didnt beleive my helping hand would cure his ill..

I can say that after talking with Karen, and from communicating with her, that she is a nice person.. it is apparent that she has gone thru a ton of crap, similar or more then to what i have gone thru...I would also venture to say that she may end up repeating some of her past errors/issues, same as me...

I hope to be cognizant of some of my issues, and receptive to others commenting on them and holding me to the fire... I can take it, and I hope that if it happens enuf i might actually listen...

I can not say that for Zee, as i believe that there are some past 'relationship' issues that are unresolved, but yet she still strives for more human contact...

i cant fault that mentality... it takes a lot to give up on people and socializing... but, I fear that whatever happened with whomever it happend with is still unresolved... and each time she talks about it it is apparent as she is still heartbroken about him to the point that she kinda breaks down..

I dont think it fair to call her out on any issues she may have or any claims or opinions you may have and or try to make her defend herself...

if folks want to and they ahve a few extra bucks and if it makes them feel good to do so, then digging into this and trying to get finite info only serves to make people feel bad about what they did.. and i dont and i wont...

will i give again.. probably not.. will i give to others if they have a mayday, mayday, probably yes...
Old 11-02-2011, 17:29   #457
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Since this thread has degenerated into an inquisition, it is now closed.

TaoJones
Closed Thread