Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 18-10-2010, 22:50   #1

Boat: 32' Cutter
Mary Lightfoot 30

Does anybody out there have any info on the Stan Huntingford designed, "Mary Lightfoot 30". I have owned one for two years now and have yet to meet a look-a-like. Altough I know the boat inside and out people are always asking me about the history and i thought it would be nice to give them something more than: "Its similar to a Fortune30."

Thanks in advance.
LucasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 20:53   #2

Hello LucasM

I may be able to help you. I believe that you own the boat that my father built. The hull was originally designed to be fiberglass, and the curves were eased slightly to make it easier to plank. The 31 foot three -inch hull was carvel-planked, meaning the planks are flush at the edges. You can well imagine the work that went into this boat. In any case I have pictures of the boat being built and can share a lot of the history if you desire to contact me through email. (

Cheers! and happy sailing.
grattan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2012, 08:48   #3

Re: Mary Lightfoot 30

Hi LucasM and grattan. I may have the first Mary Lightfoot.(1973) built by Peter Klyne(?) in Victoria. She is now Montego out of Point Roberts. I have had her for 28 years, obviously I like her. Do you know who Mary Lightfoot is/was? Do you know there is a Mary Lightfoot now in Marquesas Islands. You can find their blog if you google Mary Lightfoot. Apparently Bob Fortune (are you old enough to remember him?) asked Huntingford to design a boat for him. Fortune declined the first attempt so Huntingford came up with the Fortune 30 design. Peter Klyne saw the original attempt plans and built it for himself. I have those plans. Where should I keep my eye out for your ML? Lloyd MacDonald
Lloyd MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: