Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 28-06-2010, 02:52   #46

Thanks for the good advice..

I was thinking that a core repair job would be tricky.. I work mostly with FBG. and it's straight forward. I spose it's the same as surfboards when the foam get's saturated and delamination set's in it's a right off..
I'm intrested in seeing the mast step.. We were working on a buddies boat custom built 32' recently, found concrete under the mast step.. It was cracked in two places. We both stood there and scrached our chins for a bit then called in the crane to lift the mast out. Funny enough there was a crack in the bow as well.. Related I suppose.

Thinking about this a bit more now I need to really look at all the standing rigging a bit closer,if the former owner demasted her. Anything could have been overpowered and weakened.

Oh sorry to the thread seems we went off the original subject completely... This is the thread filter for Ericsons though no ??? Still trying to work out how these threads work...

wingonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2010, 15:36   #47
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Murray 33-Chouette & Pape Steelmaid-44-Safara-both steel cutters
Originally Posted by wingonwing View Post
Am new to the forum.. Really enjoy the site though. Looking to link up with any 39' Ericson owners.Those old 39's were Cheers
You might want to check up on this

Shelburne club sailors rescued successfully - World - Living - Nova News Now - The Coastguard

Article says it was a 47 but as I recall it was a 39 that had been raced pretty hard.

hpeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 15:59   #48

Boat: Sailboats
Check out the Halman 20.
Reef_Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 20:12   #49

Boat: Viking 33 Tanzer 8.5m Tanzer 22
I have sitting in my drive a one owner Tanzer 8.5 meter. Bought it new in 1979. The hull and keel are very strong. It would need a few things ( spare rudder and such ) for offshore use. This is the boat that I planned to use, but a Viking 33 called out to me with an offer I could not refuse.
" Gently " is a fresh water boat and that makes a huge difference. All the thru hull fittings are new. The 2QM15 Yanmar runs sweet. There are plenty of sails and winches and ropes and things. Has a Slipstream folding prop. The hull has always had a barrier coat on it and is beautiful.
This boat will sail circles around a Catalina 27 when it gets rough. It will sail to windward better than a BCC 28.
The Tanzer keel is cast iron, it can slug a rock and not be damaged.
It has two part cold cure epoxy on it. The original standing rigging and the gooseneck were not strong enough. All has been changed to heavier gear.

I think there is some photos of the boat on this site somewhere.

When I say it has sails: 170% headsail, 150, 130 110 plus a small stay sail. 3/4 ounce and 1 1/2 ounce spinnakers. The heavy one can be used single handedly, I can show you how. The main is near new and there are two spares.
The halyards are lead aft and have clutches, but I usually haul the main up at the mast.
There is an old Tiller Master on board but I would suggest a windvane and newer auto pilot.
I can show you how to make a wind vane.
I would suggest a new industrial strength rudder and keep the current one as a spare.
I can show you how to make a new rudder.
The strut for the shaft is stainless and strong. I had it built. The bronze cast ones are suspect.
You can find boats this size and vintage for under $10,000- , then spend a ton of money on it and still have a $10,000- boat.
I have mine offered at $19,900- which is the appraised price I got on it.
The Tanzer is drier than my Viking when it is blowing over fourty, in six to 8 foot waves, and the BCC 28s are going sideways.

BC Mike
BC Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:20   #50

Boat: nebe cape 28
nebe cape 28

I have a verey nice nebe cape 28 that would fit your bill for a baot that will take you were you want let me know. bill

lived on my pearson 35 for 7 yrs,I now have a nebe cape 28,great pocket cruiser. Can be seen on youtube.
windshadow is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: