Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-10-2018, 19:01   #1

Boat: Laguna WindRose 18
Laguna Windrose 18

I'm new to this forum and fairly new to sailing, ok who am I kidding, really new to sailing. Went to a motorcycle auction and bought a boat. Sounds a little off, doesn't it? Anyway, it's a 1975 Laguna Windrose 18. Needs some TLC and we should be good. First question, is there anyone out there familiar and knowledgeable with these boats? Also, I was wondering if these boats came with some type of Dodger or Bimini top from the factory? The boat has a number of snaps from near the slide hatch back on both sides of the cockpit with a twist fastener at the end roughly half way back the length of the cockpit. Beyond that there are half-moon brackets screwed to the boat where maybe the adjuster strap from a Bimini would clip to? Aftermarket? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
CM
CaveMan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2019, 20:15   #2

Boat: Laguna Windrose 18
Re: Laguna Windrose 18

Hello CaveMan13.
I was surfing the web for any info related to Windrose 18 and found your post. I got my 1978 Windrose last spring and hope to get it on the water this summer. Not much info about this boat on the web, would be interested to know what projects you have, have you sailed the boat yet? Regarding your question: my boat has a little cover that snaps around hatch and going down along hatchdoor. Since hatch door is unsealed, I believe it is to help to prevent rain water to get inside the boat.
Anyway, would love to share any info/experience with Windrose...and by the way, I am new to sailing as well...
Odessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2019, 03:48   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Laguna Windrose 18

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, CM, and Odessa.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
wind