Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-08-2009, 18:13   #31

Boat: beneteau first 47.7
Send a message via Skype™ to ZARYA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzk View Post
Here is a pic of our bene taken last saturday:

Very nice boat It is a first47.7.There fast and very confortable at sea.
ZARYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2009, 21:38   #32
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64
OMG, this is an easy one: first choice Beneteau, next Jeanneau and Hunter last but it wouldn't be an option for me. The biggest difference I saw between the two French options is that the interior finishing of the Jeanneau is a big step down from Beneteau. The Hunter: I don't think it's build worse than a Jeaneau or even a Beneteau but I just can't stand the way they look with those party tents for spray hood etc., sorry.

The Bene First is above all three choices of course, but it seems they come without any canvas, just the frames??? ;-)

cheers,
Nick.
s/v Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2009, 03:59   #33

Boat: Lidgard 50ft performance cat/ Canados50s
Send a message via Skype™ to beneteau-500
well as a beneteau owner i would not own any production boat built after 93 but would be willing to own any model/brand boat you have mentioned if built pre 93 due to the fact that all the manufactures changed they way the hulls were constructed and if i was to buy a modern type production boat now it wood be a hanse or beneteau first
beneteau-500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2009, 06:39   #34

Boat: Jeanneau 38 Gin Fizz- Rhosyn Mor
Being the owner of the Jeanneau 38 ketch series which ran from 75 to 82 I cna shed a little light for you.
Rhosyn Mor is heavier, and has a thicker layup than the newer jeanneus of similar size. The keel is much deeper, and the ryudder is skeg hung. For her day she was quite radical- carryuing the beam all the way aft. She does have a tendency to pound slightly in heavy weather ( anything above 40- 45kt winds and 12-15ft seas.) THe deck coring is of decent quality, and 30 years after build there are no deck leaks. THe galley is very small by later boat standards, and really has no room for an oven. THe heads is also quite small, but adequate. At the time she was built Rhosyn was considered a largeish bluewater cruiser, now she would be considered mid size. WE have managed susteained runs of 7.5 -8 knots.
Rhosyn Mor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2009, 09:54   #35

Boat: 2008 Hunter 49
After owning our Jeanneau 43 DS for 4 years, we happened upon the Hunter 49. We never thought about owning a Hunter but were quite impressed with everything about the 49. We ordered one and haven`t been disappointed. Sails well and enjoys alot of wind. Also, the storage is so well planned--the Jeanneau was a real disappointment since it wasn`t planned for A/C, generator, inverter, etc. and took away storage space that I had expected to have. The only thing I would complain about is the joiner work where the sole meets the bulkheads, but that is minor.

After being on Mike Harker`s 49 after sailing around the world for a year, the boat didn`t look any the worse for wear.

The Hunter 49 is also much easier to sail and stands up well in heavier air than the Jeanneau. This is definitely our fifth and final boat.
jayncee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hunter, jeanneau