Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-02-2011, 12:41   #1

Jeanneau 42i

We are looking to buy a late model Jeanneau 42i and are currently in Croatia. We'd prefer a used few years old boat but are leaning towards a new one at this stage. Anyone out there with one in the Med. area for sale?? We'd like to hear from you. Current owners of Jeanneau 42i feel free to add how you find the boat. Appreciate any imput.
dmgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2011, 21:30   #2

Boat: Jeanneau 39i Performance
Well I am a 39i Performance owner and just love e everything about it. My boat is smaller, but the rig is that of about a 42i since it's a performance version.

I bought new and have it loaded. A couple years old is a good wAy to go.

Good luck

Www.Radonic.wordpress.com
Radonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:25   #3

Re: Jeanneau 42i

Thanks for that imput Radonic. We've only heard good comments on the sailing performance of the Jeanneau 42i. That is a big plus for us. We just have to find a recent model one we are happy with. So we'll keep searching. Cheers
Old 01-03-2011, 15:55   #4
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Sailed a new 42i performance rig option this year in the med , cracker of a boat. Went from France , to Corsica, Sardinia , sicily, Italy and Ionian Greece.

Get a third reef in the main you need it to slow her down and keep
Her on her feet

Dave
Old 08-08-2011, 18:03   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgf View Post
Thanks for that imput Radonic. We've only heard good comments on the sailing performance of the Jeanneau 42i. That is a big plus for us. We just have to find a recent model one we are happy with. So we'll keep searching. Cheers
I'm also looking at Croatia for Jeanneau/Benneteau or Bavaria yacht.
Please let us know about your experiences there, okay ?
Cheers,
Jaap
Thailand
jaapfrysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:00   #6

Hi
We looked solidly for a Jeanneau 42i or DS42 or Beneteau 43 Oceanis in Croatia/Italy for a few months, basically Feb-May 2011. Probably not the best time to buy - Sept/Oct would be preferable, when the charter season has finished you would have more options.

In Croatia we found the brokers to be very INACTIVE, not really interested in selling their boats.

Almost without exception the boats are either ex charter and were not available until Oct (You could buy them but could not take over the boat until then) or owned by private people with leasing arrangements. Often the leasing arrangements were by foreigners keeping their boats in Croatia.

We found an excellent private boat dealing with the owner himself. We really tried to buy it, agreed on price etc but because he had leasing in Poland we would have had to go to Krackow , Poland to close the deal. Then it got in the too hard basket.

The charter boats we looked at in Dubrovnik, despite being 2008/09 models we quite knocked about and with very large engine hours (eg 1400 hrs in May 2011).

Croatia itself is a lovely country, very beautiful with great cruising areas. The Croatian people are wonderful too. We stayed in small, budget apartments and got to know the owners very well. We have many happy memories of staying in their communities. Pity we didn't get a boat.

So we came back to Australia and bought a Dufour 425 for better value than what we saw in Croatia and much better condition (taking into a/c shipping back to Oz after a couple of years) We are currently getting used to her on the East Coast of Oz.
Good luck in your search.
dmgf
Old 11-08-2011, 03:58   #7

DMGF: Thank you very 'big'(as they say here in Thailand) for that excellent report on your Croatia experience. I really appreciate this !
Anyway; now that you have 'gained' the Dufour-425; I would like to know when you'll be arriving in Thailand ? ? Just so I can book the restaurant in time . . . .
jaapfrysian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jeanneau