Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2016, 10:38   #1

I've found her.....

After months of searching, I've found her.....they say you know when the boat is for you as you get a 'feeling' when you first step aboard. Well, this happened yesterday.

I had seen a boat on-line last year, but with a €40K price tag it was way over budget, so I didn't take things any further, although with her orange hull she kept popping in view while I continued my search.

Yesterday was a good day, the owner is now a motivated seller. He needs to sell straight away to cover costs of another boat, and move things along, took 10K of the asking.

I luckily saw the price drop straight away, got onto the broker and went to see her yesterday. It's everything we wanted in a boat and more. Although a little larger than we had planned.

We've now got an offer in and looks like we're going to be able to reach a deal today.

Brand new standing rigging, new sails...Never used and still in their plastic bags.

Now just hope the survey doesn't bring anything nasty up.

Here she is Noray 43 en Barcelona por 29.000€ Barcos de ocasión

Fingers crossed please....
FlippedPip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:43   #2

Re: I've found her.....

Three cheers for you! Congrats! May the ship gods smile on you through the surveyor. (And frown over any concerns, just-in-case...)
Old 05-02-2016, 11:01   #3

Boat: Cape Dory 33

Best of luck to you. I hope all goes well with your survey and you are out on the water soon.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:28   #4

Boat: Vivacity 20

All the best! Probably you're already aware, but Spanish flagged boats must have an official seaworthiness certificate, so be sure to check it. It's not like an exhaustive survey, but at least you can be reasonably sure the boat is safe and has no major structural problems.
Bertie68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:33   #5

Boat: a sailing boat

Congrats!

I have never seen a Noray before. Are they a local Spanish boatyard? Still in the business?

I have seen a Puma (about 26 long) (as far as I remember the boatyard was Inerga, or a similar name) built around the same years in Spain. That one did have issues showing the boatyard was not 100% trained professionals. They did not use waxed resin for the last layer ...

So do make your survey a very thru one.

Where they claim her rigging is new, ask to provide invoices. Remember you will want new backing plates in the mast too. And the chainplates at least pulled and inspected.

She is painted and so it may imply there was some sort of unknown damage to the kasko. Make sure to know what it was and how it was fixed.

Etc. New boat, new joy. Plenty of LOA for this money. Step lightly. And have fun sailing when she is ready to go! You may be able to lay a tack or two this summer!!!

Cheers,
b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 13:33   #6

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Love the name of the thread. When I was solely an Canadian, documenting a boat with the Canadian Coast Guard, as an owner, I was referred to as the husband of the vessel.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 13:39   #7

Boat: Morgan Moorings 50

Beautiful boat!
DDabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 08:52   #8

Boat: Amel Super Maramu 53 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnakiel View Post
Congrats!

I have never seen a Noray before. Are they a local Spanish boatyard? Still in the business?

I have seen a Puma (about 26 long) (as far as I remember the boatyard was Inerga, or a similar name) built around the same years in Spain. That one did have issues showing the boatyard was not 100% trained professionals. They did not use waxed resin for the last layer ...

So do make your survey a very thru one.

Where they claim her rigging is new, ask to provide invoices. Remember you will want new backing plates in the mast too. And the chainplates at least pulled and inspected.

She is painted and so it may imply there was some sort of unknown damage to the kasko. Make sure to know what it was and how it was fixed.

Etc. New boat, new joy. Plenty of LOA for this money. Step lightly. And have fun sailing when she is ready to go! You may be able to lay a tack or two this summer!!!

Cheers,
b.
+1 ^^^

THOROUGH survey and DO observe the recommendations of Barnakiel.

You are now seeing the boat through "rose coloured glasses" .. totally normal. However, ensure your dream does not become a nightmare.. they can!

GL and keep us posted.
Eleuthera 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 11:23   #9

Boat: President 43 Sportfish

Interior looks very beat up and neglected in the photos. Engine room much worse. Be sure to get an independent survey by an expert. Looks like it was raced.
Terra Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 23:20   #10

Bertie68, Cheers, As long as all good on the survey she is going to be re-registered in the UK. Being a Brit it makes things a whole lot easier.

PlumKrazy and oldragbaggers: Ship gods are doing a great job. My wife saw the boat yesterday and has given the green light.

barnakiel, she is Italian an design, an off shot from Astilleros Lepanto. I'll have all things checked, but you can see from the rigging its brand new. I'll let the servayor be the judge of workmanship.

Eleuthera 2014, oh don't worry, a full survey being booked today.

Terra Nova: This is just what we want, a project for the interior. The lay out is perfect for us and wifey is working on a design. Ikea and modern looking interiors don;t interest us at all. This has everything and more....

So to recap, deposit going down today along with booking surveyor... Will keep you all posted and probably back with more questions after the report comes in.
FlippedPip is offline   Reply With Quote