Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-02-2008, 05:51   #31

My condolences, I lost my son 7 years ago (Chad was 28), and as a man there is no greater pain. He was my best friend (next to Jesus), we sang and played guitars together, we both love the Lord and sang worship songs to our Lord and Savior. I do not have a day pass where I don't think about my son - Our children are very very special gifts from God, they are really not ours - but HIS. At first I wanted to raise my fist to God with the big WHY? But HE tenderd my heart and humbled me dearly. Without God in my life I suppose I would not have want to live anymore. But GOD has a plan for us all, HE wants us all to enjoy the lives that He has given us, and to weep with sorrow when necessary. HE is the creator of life and wants us all to believe on Him, trust in His ways, seek Him with all our hearts, Jesus says that He will send a Comforter (the Holy Spirit) to live in us, to lead and guide us through life. The closer we draw to Jesus the more we will receive His wisdom and understanding about ourselves and those issues of life around us.
I feel your pain, your hurt, and your fear. Jesus has great comfort for you, put your trust in Him, and He will set you free.
God loves you and I do too. May God bless you and your family.
Remember: Jesus is the Captain over all - we are only His co-pilots in life.
Proverbs 3: 5-6 says "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will makes your paths straight"
Skipper II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 14:51   #32
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Amanda Faye 61' Custom Irwin aftcockpit ketch
Thank you to all that have shared their stories with us. It is clear that there are a lot of people out there that know what we are going through, and I am sorry that any of us ever have to face this pain.

Like the wind I have changed. Amanda Faye will be for sale this coming week mainly due to my Wife's wishes. I am not sure that I want to sell but she is. So the boat will be listed for 4 months at a slightly higher price than the survey value. After the listing time we will re evaluate if we still want it sold.
Old 01-03-2008, 16:06   #33
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.
Sounds like a considered decision and a reasonable compromise...therefore your future life should unfold in a similar manner. In my own life experience although less tragic than your recent experiences, I have found that sometimes if a beautiful thing is broken, the remaining pieces can be re-arranged into something although different, equally as beautiful; never replacing the original, just adding to the dynamics of life itself. God speed you on your journey.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 17:10   #34

Boat: Matsu, Columbia 34
Send a message via Skype™ to hallie
again, i can think of no words to comfort for the loss of a child; no one should live that pain, and many do. i'm so sorry.

on a practical level, you may both list with a broker and advertise the boat yourself. when we bought matsu, she was listed with a broker and the sellers also had her on craigslist. we found her on craigslist, and the deal the sellers made with their broker specifically denied them their percentage if the sellers found the buyer themselves. they had (we never saw anything the broker had put about, as we were looking in portland by internet), so they saved themselves that money. 10% is a lot of a labor of love, after all.

i have to echo the sentiment that it's unwise to make big decisions in this, the worst of times. i respect that you are doing this for your wife, and i feel it's fair to put her off as you yourself are still not willing. after all, you're not selling your house, your car, your refrigerator (surely your daughter also loved to eat? and to go places on land with you? and visit at yours?) ... because she is gone. i'm really sorry, it's hard to put this as gently as it should be, but unless there is some pressing financial need to sell, it can wait. it's tempting to burn down your life and start over, it's also a very stressful way to go about healing. at the very least, agree to sell her if your wife still feels the same on march first next year. and treat her (and yourself) very very gently between now and then.

my heart aches for you.

when people lost sight of the way to live came codes of love and honesty
~Lao Tsu

life is dangerous and always ends in death.
hallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 17:16   #35

Gunner,

I don't know you but don't do that..........

Take your wife sailing when things get settled.

Wishing you the best.

Joli
Joli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 17:22   #36
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Amanda Faye 61' Custom Irwin aftcockpit ketch
To be fair my Wife likes looking at boats and making a deal. This boat will not be fire sale priced and should it sell we will find another fixer upper. I will meet the broker tomorrow and if I don't like the guy I won't list it.
Old 01-03-2008, 17:34   #37

Yes

Wishing you only the best.

Joli
Joli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 18:29   #38

Re: It looks like Amanda Faye will be up for sale.

My little brother died building a house for my mother - he was electrocuted at the young age of 27. He and my other brother purchased property for my mother, to give her a life and dream of owning land, a peace she did she not have being married to our abusive step-father. When he died the land, the house the property that was to be the dream disappeared with him.

The celebrations, the dinners, the walking the property hand in hand with loved ones vanished. I tried to encourage her to either keep the land and do continue the dream or leave the land to someone who could honor the dream but help part with the painful association. To date, the do both but suffer in the process. The keep the land but shutter themselves away in a tragic memory of what was once great.

My brother was great.

Much like what read about your boat being the only unique one out there, so was your daughter, much like my brother. Those who tell you to keep it and fix it up mean well, but it may be harder than letting it go and finding someone to honor your dream. Enjoyment on the waters with the Amanda Faye.

I wish you all the best and while it appears you are not on here, I hope you find peace. Ask yourself one question and one quesiton only, if Amanda Faye were here right now for a moment and you could ask her what you should do with the boat, what would she say?

Probably to just do what makes you the happiest and remember, the boat is only a boat. You have the living to enjoy now, make the most of it.

-derek
FatherOfFive is offline   Reply With Quote