Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-12-2015, 17:19   #181

Boat: Ohlson 29
Re: Island packet 38 is this a good liveaboard/cruiser/coastal...bluewater sailboat?

But .. but .. all that sleep I lost over this topic would go to waste if I did that

It's hard to get the 'tone' right when you're typing, especially when not in your first language. This is true for both RC and myself, by the way.

When I read what someone is expecting / hoping to find once (s)he buys a boat, and that idea has nothing to do with reality, I feel we should be honest about that.
Sometimes that helps, sometimes not so much

There's so many people on this forum, there's no way to please or get along with everybody. No point in even trying - can't please everyone is true both IRL and online.

I honestly wish RC the best with both his boat and his plans; when I said "I'm done" I simply meant done replying to him. Which I'm pretty sure he was happy to read, so ... let's not make it a bigger deal then the non-issue it is
Old 25-12-2015, 21:25   #182
cruiser

Re: Island packet 38 is this a good liveaboard/cruiser/coastal...bluewater sailboat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deluxe68 View Post
The United States Army of America? Which army were you in?
In the Royal United States of the constitution of the American Army!

Do you know that an Island Packet 38 come without heads! Why is it that the company does not make heads in those boats! All that money for a boat without heads!?
Old 25-12-2015, 21:54   #183
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy Belle View Post
Same here, and what happened varied from ' just' having stuff stolen and being T-boned at anchor to much, much worse.

The comments he made were hurtful and offensive, but there seems no way to make him understand that so I gave up.

As to his idea of never leaving / anchoring his boat anywhere where others might get close enough to damage it:

my final advise to RC is to buy a steel boat that can handle breaking ice. And read up on how to deal with polarbears, cos that's pretty much where you'll end up if you want to be more or less alone out there.

Sailing the the Arctic is not for the faint of heart nor the newbies, but it is where RC will find the quiet places he's looking for.
Wow, and so here you are on Christmas day, insulting me, berating me, and getting personal with me. I always was taught that actions speak louder than words, and that a person's actions, and their animus, spoke volumes of their state of affairs in their lives and in their mind.

Of course i could come here and insult you and berate you, even perhaps use a few curse words, and even a few threats. Act really macho, let no stereotype notion un- turned and make some of you proud of your ethnocentrism. But that sort of stuff makes one's own heart black and hard and blinds you and delegates you to the most basics of human feelings and actions.

I could only get angry with you if i didn't understand and if i was blind to the actions in front of me. Your actions, of being here, and taking the amount of energy and the stress associated with...consciously and subconsciously with all of your actions, so far, says a lot about the content of your heart and the anger the spews out of it.

Your actions and represented animus, the intensity of your actions, your desperation, are all, out of proportion in comparisson to the events. It has become an exageration a circus and created by you two. What exactly does that says about you?

I am not the cause of your anger, there are many reasons for your anger, but, i am not here to peel back the layers and play psychotherapist. Therefore, i will take no responsibility for it. I do feel sad, and i do have empathy, but, i did not cause your anger, situation or condition or financial hardships in your life.

I am simply an screen for your projections, but, If i were to answer in kind, then i am allowing you to assimilate me in your projections. That is possible with some people, but, not with me.

You come here to this site, on Christmas, on a joyous day, a day to remember that this world is upside down and getting worse and what do you do? and Stu Jackson? Insult me, berate me, using my words in a manner that they were no intended and at times infusing hate and disdain and flat out vomit.

That's a lot of negative karma, that's a lot of negativity, anger, disrespect, that's a lot of energy being diverted to something that brings absolutely nothing to this site and bodes badly that you are a representation of it.

And why? Because some people no matter what anyone says or do, they by reason of their own condition they just want to fight, they want to "release" on others. Well, i am sorry you picked me, because i am not going to be your screen. You got problems, that is obvious, then deal with those problems, deal with your anger through the appropriate channels and not by picking an insignificant "statement" and running with it and massaging it, and morphing it until you are beginning to look as if you are trying to start a riot. The same way that Mr. Stu Jackson took all those posts and made them his in a fruitless attempt to prove, oh, his, masterpiece defense, to the world! Behold the headless CaptRican! I have slain him with my powers of "posts consolidation"

I can tell that by your actions, and just that, you are both two poor affected souls screaming in the dark in some cabin tied up in a marina/anchorage. I do not believe that either of you are really cruisers! and pictures lie with a thousand words also! Because why would you want to insult people on a public forum when you are out there sailing and running the chances of bumping into them? I wouldn't!

Please get help for yourselves.

Thank you
and Merry Christmas to all.
Old 25-12-2015, 22:32   #184
cruiser

Ok now!

Can we all please go back to posting about cruising and sailboats?

I came here to learn about sailboats, can we go back to that?

I promise that i will never post another post unless is about sailboats in specific.

I am looking for an ugly duckling, but solid and with all systems running.

Merry Christmas, back to sailboats please?
Old 25-12-2015, 22:41   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptRican View Post
Wow, and so here you are on Christmas day, insulting me, berating me, and getting personal with me.
If you knew about sailing, you'd have understood I wasn't doing that at all.
Sorry, didn't read the whole post you made cos you started off on a wrong assumption.

Bagheera Sailing

Look at the region (and look at the photo's).
It offers everything you said you are looking for, and it is breathtakingly beautiful.
Something to keep in mind for later plans, perhaps.

I don't have the guts to go there, you just might.

On edit:
I bookmarked that site when I was considering booking a charter to sail that region.
Old 25-12-2015, 22:48   #186
cruiser

Quote:
But .. but .. all that sleep I lost over this topic would go to waste if I did that

It's hard to get the 'tone' right when you're typing, especially when not in your first language. This is true for both RC and myself, by the way.

When I read what someone is expecting / hoping to find once (s)he buys a boat, and that idea has nothing to do with reality, I feel we should be honest about that.
Sometimes that helps, sometimes not so much

There's so many people on this forum, there's no way to please or get along with everybody. No point in even trying - can't please everyone is true both IRL and online.

I honestly wish RC the best with both his boat and his plans; when I said "I'm done" I simply meant done replying to him. Which I'm pretty sure he was happy to read, so ... let's not make it a bigger deal then the non-issue it is
"But .. but .. all that sleep I lost over this topic would go to waste if I did that " They say that there is always a smidgen of truth in every light hearted joke...

Again, take a look at your actions, can you, are you able to see what you are doing? You are writing to yourself as if you are consciously saying it to yourself.

Seriously i don't think anyone here really cares. I am here killing my boredom and practicing my writing and watching you being ridiculous and writing to yourself and entertaining me.

But, but are you satisfied now?

RC? what's that? Are you calling me Royal Crown? Or are you so emotionally vested that your obsessiveness get the best of you and you don't watch what you are typing? It is not RC! It is CaptRican to you ma'am.

Oh, and please do not think for one second that i am angry at all, i only allow people who care about me to make me angry, the others i just blow off, like you! LMAO!
Old 25-12-2015, 22:54   #187

Sorry for the CR/RC typo.
And for having a sense of humor We might have a different sense of humor, but it's humor nonetheless.

I'm not angry at all, and I am slightly amused by your taking everything in the worst and most negative way possible. While the rants do make me laugh, it's also ridiculous this keeps happening.

I'll go back to ignoring you, cos there really is nothing I can say that won't set you off and that's not helping anyone -- only wasting time.
Old 25-12-2015, 23:01   #188
cruiser

Quote:
Sorry, didn't read the whole post you made cos you started off on a wrong assumption.

Bagheera Sailing

It offers everything you said you are looking for, and it is breathtakingly beautiful.

On edit:
I bookmarked that site when I was considering booking a charter to sail that region.

Old 25-12-2015, 23:02   #189
cruiser

Quote:
Sorry for the CR/RC typo.
And for having a sense of humor We might have a different sense of humor, but it's humor nonetheless.

I'm not angry at all, and I am slightly amused by your taking everything in the worst and most negative way possible. While the rants do make me laugh, it's also ridiculous this keeps happening.

I'll go back to ignoring you, cos there really is nothing I can say that won't set you off and that's not helping anyone -- only wasting time.
WHAT!!??

Please, please don't ignore me, pleeeeeease! stay, i was joking too!! What!!?? you can't take a joke, what is wrong with you!!?

I was joking tooo! Pleeeeeease come back! I love you too!
Old 25-12-2015, 23:18   #190
cruiser

Quote:

Bagheera Sailing

On edit:
'If you knew about sailing, you'd have understood I wasn't doing that at all.'

I am sorry i could not hear you! But i know the "saline" solution is in the cabinet!

LOL! Get it "saline" ha, ha, he, he!
Old 26-12-2015, 09:24   #191

Boat: Swan 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptRican View Post
In the Royal United States of the constitution of the American Army!

Do you know that an Island Packet 38 come without heads! Why is it that the company does not make heads in those boats! All that money for a boat without heads!?
Serious question. Were you ever in the United States Army?
Old 26-12-2015, 10:05   #192

There should be a lesson here for the site administrators in how to deal with new posters. It's not only here, it's everywhere on the net.

A new poster is not part of the 'clique', and may not sound right, as we're all from different walks in life, so may not fit in right away. I find it interesting that one of the 'beraters' of CR is the same one that berated me when i signed on to the site.

If I have any questions about buying a boat, I'll send it to Polux on private mail, where I'm treated respectfully.

Maybe admin can come up with a solution for new posters, as many of them get po'd and leave right away. Like I say, this is on all kinds of forums, not just here.
Old 26-12-2015, 10:08   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
....or you can just let go of taking something so seriously on the freakin Internet.

Now right here is some of the best advice I've seen on the internet since 1990.
Old 26-12-2015, 10:10   #194

CR.....write on private mail to a poster named Polux, he'll answer your questions.
Old 26-12-2015, 12:32   #195
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by deluxe68 View Post
Serious question. Were you ever in the United States Army?
Were you?
Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruiser, island packet, liveaboard, sail, sailboat, water