Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-12-2015, 07:55   #211

Boat: Morgan Moorings 50
Re: Island packet 38 is this a good liveaboard/cruiser/coastal...bluewater sailboat?

The newer IP's have sugar scoop transoms which helps with water access a little bit
Old 27-12-2015, 08:23   #212

Re: Island packet 38 is this a good liveaboard/cruiser/coastal...bluewater sailboat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
The 35' I/P that I looked at in Deltaville Va. did not have an easy way into or out of the water. It just had a ladder with a lot of freeboard to climb. That turned me off.

I want easy access into and out of the water.
Well I haven't seen or been on a boat yet that didn't have an easy way into the water (just teasing ), but I know what you mean.

I wouldn't let that put you off a boat you otherwise really like though, because you can always add a convenient stern platform, and in the main, they aren't that expensive:

Stern Platforms | West Marine

Hope that helps.
Old 27-12-2015, 08:30   #213

Boat: 2018 Seadoo GTX 230

Yes, I need to clarify. It is always easy into the water. But I really want an easy way out of the water like the new Beneteau Oceanis with the drop down transom. Now that makes a great swim / stagging platform.

The sugar scoop is a step in the right direction for IP. But the drop down transom on the Bene is the bees knees.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 27-12-2015, 09:01   #214

Boat: Scout 30

Following this thread has been like watching a car crash in slow motion. Horrific but I can't look away.
Old 27-12-2015, 09:07   #215

More like a car crash in slow motion where the cars never actually crash but instead fly all over the place and leave you baffled and confused as to what is actually going on
Old 27-12-2015, 09:09   #216

Boat: Scout 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffr2 View Post
Yes, I need to clarify. It is always easy into the water. But I really want an easy way out of the water like the new Beneteau Oceanis with the drop down transom. Now that makes a great swim / stagging platform.

The sugar scoop is a step in the right direction for IP. But the drop down transom on the Bene is the bees knees.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
The transom of the IP's is perfect for a large swim platform. It has to be robust but these make swimming & getting in & out of a dinghy much easier.
Old 27-12-2015, 09:22   #217

I think this forum is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of the different types of people you will meet while "out there" cruising. You should have an open mind and expect to meet and experience a lot of, as Captain Ron so eloquently put it, "hoodoo, voodoo, all kinds of weird sh*t"
Old 27-12-2015, 12:33   #218
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon

I'm going to close this for now...

Until we have a mod discussion about what to do...

Mai Tai's fix everything...
Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruiser, island packet, liveaboard, sail, sailboat, water