Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 06-10-2010, 08:10   #16

Boat: Island Packet 40
Caliber is another boat to consider if you like the IP. They are very similar in their layout and they are usually listed lower in price than a comperable IP. We found in our research that most people recommended the 40 LRC over the 40, at least for cruising.

CaptainBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 16:05   #17

Boat: Island Packet IP38
I understand the driving. We lived in Birmingham, AL before the boat. We had sold both houses and were living in a travel trailer finishing the boat deal. Turner Marine in Mobile is our home marina and they are an Island Packet dealer. I without question absolutely love my IP. The time constraint is why I reccomended broadening your scope to other boats. If you have to drive it is nice to look at other boat while you are out there. Have you checked the IP home port I know there are several for sale by owner. There is an IP44 listed on Yacht Wotld for 200 that yoy could make an offer. You never know, all rhey can tell you is no. Are you retiring is that the time constraint?

Bucky205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 17:04   #18

Boat: IP38 cutter
Originally Posted by CaptainBW View Post

I don't know if you have considered the IP37, but we looked at one a few months ago in Annapolis, MD that was really nice...clean, well cared for, and good upgrades. We would have made an offer if it had larger tankage (looking for an IP40 or IP380 now). It is not on Yachtworld and I can give you the website and contact info if you are interested.
Thanks Cap, I'd appreciate the info - my broker is in Annapolis, I'll take a look online, then pass the info on to her to make contact. I'm currently crewing on a 38, waiting for the weather up here to clear enough for us to head out. I've been hunkered down in the marina here (MA) for six days now. Heading to Hilton Head - hoping to leave Friday.

I'm using my phone for Internet, and navigating the forum is tough on it. If you would, please email me directly: daz (dot) jensen (at) gmail (dot) com

Pau Hana Daz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:53   #19

Bucky205- I'm taking a sabbatical from work for about 2-3 years after a long health ordeal that I'm lucky to have survived. At 35 it was a real wake-up to take advantage of the time we have in life and has completely changed my outlook on what is important. I'm closing my law practice and my one day dream has become a driving passion. Like many of us I became lost in the long work weeks and acquisition of 'stuff' to justify the lifestyle and had forgotten that it is the experiences and not the money that matter most. I can afford to go for a few years at least. Needless to say I have gotten more than a few 'critiques' from people that don't understand my decision and change in lifestyle, but you have to follow your heart because we all only get one chance in life. It seems that things have worked out where almost all my cases will be wrapped up by the end of the year. Without a long time to search I decided to go with a proven builder that had a great reputation and have come across a few IP owners with larger boats that spoke very highly of them. I'll be joining one of them on a trip to the Bahamas from Sarasota in November and that should be a great experience. It isn't that I believe IPs are the be all end all, but with limited time I thought I would try to narrow down and get to know as much as possible about them, hope I'm taking the right approach! I really appreciate you taking the time to give me your thoughts.

lawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote

island packet

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: