Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-03-2012, 18:12   #1

Boat: 1963 Pearson Electra 22
Info on 32' Aquarius Pilot Cutter

Hello all! I've come across a 32' Aquarius Pilot Cutter sailboat & have not been able to find out much info. I've got the usual specs that come with a listing but was wondering if anyone knew the integrity of these boats or if anyone has had any dealings with one. I checked the forum but couldn't find anything. Any info or opinions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sidney
Old 23-03-2012, 06:59   #2

Boat: Parkins Herreshoff 28
Re: Info on 32' Aquarius Pilot Cutter

32' is bow sprit to boomkin, try searching for aquarius 24' pilot cutter , there are phenomenal boats for the size, up there with the PSC dana 24, allegra 24, and falmouth cutter... dont think that one will last too long at that price
pressuredrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 12:09   #3

They are a fiberglass version of a Lyle Hess Serafyn. The builder was Feguson?? or something like that somewhere around sarasota. These boats don't seem to bring a lot of money $8000 to $15000 seems to be the going rate on the 3 or 4 I have seen over the years.I've had several people whose opinion I respect tell me that Ferguson wasn't much for building quality boats
lars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 09:34   #4

@Mellowsail, BUY IT!!!! I have hull number 9 and I do believe from previous owners that she was also know as a TopSail 32. Keep me posted if you do.

cheers,

John
Kyrie Eleison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2017, 09:36   #5

Boat: Aquarius Pilot Cutter

Hi all, know this is an old thread but just wanted to correct some information.

The Aquarius pilot cutter was built in Sarasota FL from 1970- 1987 by Topsail Yachts incorporated - not by Ferguson.

The boat was designed- and built by a man named Frank Parish. Frank Designed the boat, built the boat, and owned the company.

These small yachts were built with utmost care by an experienced team of professionals.

The Hull Laminate is thick, continuous,and finely finished. void of any air pockets that would hinder the integrity of the hulls construction.

The spars and rigging were of the finest quality when built.

And The interior finishing speaks for itself.

Because only around 30 where ever made, Information is scarce for this beautiful small Blue water boat. If you would like to find out more there is a Aquarius Pilot Cutter Page- HOME - Aquarius Pilot Cutters

As for the average sale price - interest in recent years in these small finely finished yachts is growing and if you happen to find one close to the prices stated above today i would buy it right away and thank your lucky stars.

These boats are equivalent in quality to the Falmouth Cutters, and Bristol Channel cutters. There is almost no comparison to most other boats.
bobakasimi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cutter