Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2016, 07:15   #1

I'd like to give monohulls a chance

We're hoping to start boat shopping in a few months. There are some 38-40' cats in our budget, but we want to keep our minds open to monohulls as well. With that in mind, I'm looking for a bareboat charter that would give us a good taste of the monohull cruising life.

We're on the west coast, and looking for a destination charter (San Diego? San Juan Islands?) where we can take a boat out to somewhere fun and still have cell phone service. Does anyone have suggestions of places to look/go, charter companies, and/or boats to try out?

We're a family of 3, including a 4y/o, looking to spend less than $200-220k on a coastal cruiser that would be comfortable with occasional crossings.
Foozinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 08:49   #2

Re: I'd like to give monohulls a chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foozinator View Post
We're hoping to start boat shopping in a few months. There are some 38-40' cats in our budget, but we want to keep our minds open to monohulls as well. With that in mind, I'm looking for a bareboat charter that would give us a good taste of the monohull cruising life.

We're on the west coast, and looking for a destination charter (San Diego? San Juan Islands?) where we can take a boat out to somewhere fun and still have cell phone service. Does anyone have suggestions of places to look/go, charter companies, and/or boats to try out?

We're a family of 3, including a 4y/o, looking to spend less than $200-220k on a coastal cruiser that would be comfortable with occasional crossings.
There are couple of charter companies in Marina Del Rey, one in basin G and the other one is next to Catalina yacht, basin F. And San Diego, out of Sheraton Hotel.
I saw article in Sail magazine last year, so cal charter company, you may check their web site.
cpt_757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 13:10   #3

Re: I'd like to give monohulls a chance

We might end up going to so cal, thanks.
Foozinator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hull, monohull