Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-09-2012, 06:45   #31

Boat: Alden 50, Sarasota, Florida
Re: Hunter Lives!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcapo View Post

RT
PS S/V Illusion, I think I have a way to solve our differences concerning the Hunter 54 thread. That hypothetical trip across the pacific you would take in a stock 54 with your family, have them read the thread thoroughly and then see if they will come aboard or wave to you from the dock. If they do come aboard what you have proved is that you would have made a great Hunter sales rep.
Using absurdity to make whatever your point is doesn't work very well. Alternatively, all you need do is provide some objective and supportable information on which you formed your opinion. If you can't, a simple retraction would be appropriate.
S/V Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 07:22   #32
cruiser

Boat: Slocum 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/V Illusion View Post
Using absurdity to make whatever your point is doesn't work very well. Alternatively, all you need do is provide some objective and supportable information on which you formed your opinion. If you can't, a simple retraction would be appropriate.
Absurdity? I think if you were planning such a voyage on that boat you would give full disclosure to your family letting them know what they are "getting in to". I stand by everything I said as well as the testimonies given by numerous individuals and owners on that thread. I think you need to go back and re-read it.

Like I said, have your family read the thread, then get back to me....

RT
PS BTW the numerous comments made by the designers son certainly holds more weight then what you or anyone else has said and should give pause to anyone considering the purchase of that boat. If not, to each his own but don't expect a retraction or an apology.
vtcapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 07:29   #33

Boat: Rhodes Reliant 41ft

Some of you need to start reading up on some history.
Chinese were building the largest ships in the world, junks, 3000 years ago.
A lot of your nations didn't even exist, not to mention your "quality control" people.
Old 14-09-2012, 07:46   #34

Quote:
Absurdity? I think if you were planning such a voyage on that boat you would give full disclosure to your family letting them know what they are "getting in to". I stand by everything I said as well as the testimonies given by numerous individuals and owners on that thread. I think you need to go back and re-read it.

Like I said, have your family read the thread, then get back to me....

RT
PS BTW the numerous comments made by the designers son certainly holds more weight then what you or anyone else has said and should give pause to anyone considering the purchase of that boat. If not, to each his own but don't expect a retraction or an apology.
The designer's son????? That's what you've got?

Perhaps you can explain to us how nautical design, mechanical engineering and construction experience are genetically inherited?
Or shall we assume that isn't absurd either?

Admitting you have no basis for your opinions can be a growing experience...

Similar to informing people who make pejorative critical generalities about all Chinese products being bad, this too is obviously the waste of time I stated it would be so I'm done. Hopefully, the sun may eventually hit you through the clouds.
Old 14-09-2012, 07:49   #35
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

The only thing Japan has"takenover" is the shasihmi market! China likewise will not "takeover"anything we dont want them to have ...we provide the ideas and the products that these countries make ...We let them make them because they do it for "Less"...when there markets mature we move on to the next "developing area" ..Make no mistake, the west is the best!When we are all equal ie. Human rights ,freedom of speech, etc,etc, we will all have good quality products and will forge ahead and become stewards of a unified world...until then China will be the go to place for cheap products...I have been to a lot of places and have never ,ever heard anyone say that they want to be Chinese..did here a fellow say he wished he was Canadian(he was on drugs and said that they would not discriminate as bad..lol )...DVC
tropicalescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 08:13   #36

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
The only thing Japan has"takenover" is the shasihmi market! China likewise will not "takeover"anything we dont want them to have ...we provide the ideas and the products that these countries make ...We let them make them because they do it for "Less"...when there markets mature we move on to the next "developing area" ..Make no mistake, the west is the best!When we are all equal ie. Human rights ,freedom of speech, etc,etc, we will all have good quality products and will forge ahead and become stewards of a unified world...until then China will be the go to place for cheap products...I have been to a lot of places and have never ,ever heard anyone say that they want to be Chinese..did here a fellow say he wished he was Canadian(he was on drugs and said that they would not discriminate as bad..lol )...DVC
I like the points you make and I agree totally. We really do it to ourselves. We are a great nation of people. What irks me to no end is the middle man pushing to have everything they can get their hands on sent to China for manufacturing. All in the name of a buck. They make millions in profits while blue collar workers here get laid off.
What I would like to see (in a perfect world) is products from all around the world on our shelves. I think China fights to prevent this by devaluing their currency. Without turning this thread political, I will say our leaders say they are doing something about this but nothing ever happens.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 08:46   #37
cruiser

Boat: Slocum 37

Quote:
The designer's son????? That's what you've got?

Perhaps you can explain to us how nautical design, mechanical engineering and construction experience are genetically inherited?
Or shall we assume that isn't absurd either?

Admitting you have no basis for your opinions can be a growing experience...

Similar to informing people who make pejorative critical generalities about all Chinese products being bad, this too is obviously the waste of time I stated it would be so I'm done. Hopefully, the sun may eventually hit you through the clouds.
"Perhaps you can explain to us how nautical design, mechanical engineering and construction experience are genetically inherited?" Well...It's not but the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree. If you remember correctly he was referencing his father.

BTW my background is Aerospace engineering and working for two boat manufacturers. What credentials do you bring to the table?

Let's face it we are not EVER going to see eye to eye on this boat. So before I get accused of another Forum infraction by our moderators I think it's best for me to turn my back and walk away, just like the OP of the thread.

RT
PS You can have the last word. I'm done.
vtcapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 09:28   #38
CLOD

Boat: none

talk about thread drift to just be a snipe and cause trouble (some of which I only see if it gets quoted so I can read the ignored posters comments)

next thing there will be a video made by small minded people and we will have small minded mobs rioting half way around the world over it

but about now I have a good place to put a old Hunter 54 to do the most good
Old 14-09-2012, 09:37   #39

Boat: In the hunt again, unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Lucas View Post
talk about thread drift to just be a snipe and cause trouble (some of which I only see if it gets quoted so I can read the ignored posters comments)

next thing there will be a video made by small minded people and we will have small minded mobs rioting half way around the world over it

but about now I have a good place to put a old Hunter 54 to do the most good
Would this Hunter 54 come with an automatic pot stirrer?

Khagan1227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2012, 09:44   #40
CLOD

Boat: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khagan1227 View Post
Would this Hunter 54 come with an automatic pot stirrer?

no but it would probably help to have some toilet paper and lube for where it needs to go for effectiveness
Old 14-09-2012, 13:08   #41

Quote:
"Perhaps you can explain to us how nautical design, mechanical engineering and construction experience are genetically inherited?" Well...It's not but the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree. If you remember correctly he was referencing his father.

BTW my background is Aerospace engineering and working for two boat manufacturers. What credentials do you bring to the table?

Let's face it we are not EVER going to see eye to eye on this boat. So before I get accused of another Forum infraction by our moderators I think it's best for me to turn my back and walk away, just like the OP of the thread.

RT
PS You can have the last word. I'm done.
My dad was a flight mechanic so I guess that makes me an expert in flying airplanes

As to my credentials, as it pertains to this thread, I guess the only claim I can make for the sake of credibility is that I actually sailed across the Pacific from Panama to New Zealand. If you did, we're even; if not...I'll take that as the "last word".
Old 14-09-2012, 13:16   #42

...Some how I doubt this is going to be the last words.
Reminds me of what my ex-wife use to tell me to shut me up...
"Do you want to be right...or do you want to be happy"?
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Old 14-09-2012, 15:13   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
...Some how I doubt this is going to be the last words.
Reminds me of what my ex-wife use to tell me to shut me up...
"Do you want to be right...or do you want to be happy"?

Did you ask her why she thought those were mutually exclusive things?
Old 14-09-2012, 15:53   #44

Quote:
Did you ask her why she thought those were mutually exclusive things?

...sometimes it's just best to put up...shut up. I like the idea of soundly sleeping while my partner sleeps beside me and the kitchen knives are left in the drawer...
Old 15-09-2012, 02:02   #45

Boat: Rhodes Reliant 41ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestialsailor View Post
...sometimes it's just best to put up...shut up. I like the idea of soundly sleeping while my partner sleeps beside me and the kitchen knives are left in the drawer...
That could be the NEW Hunter slogan, " Your partner will sleep soundly, and the kitchen knives will be left in the drawer"

Good one CS

Tags
hunter