Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2016, 14:50   #16
vjm

Re: How does restepping work after transport?

Thank you guys so much! It is all a lot to think about. This isn't like buying a car and just parking it somewhere.

I am hoping the mast up and down thing is not a regular occurrence. However, now that I am thinking about it, there is very cheap dockage, very close to the ocean, but you have to be able to go under a fairly low fixed bridge to get to it. I also live in hurricane territory ( and tornado land this year), so being able to take the mast down might be a useful thing if I need to haul her out and button everything up, or trailer her elsewhere until things settle down. All good things to consider.

Now I am thinking about adding a tabernacle at some point to take advantage of it. So thank you all so much for that!

Right now, I am just focused on getting her here, taking care of immediate safety needs (gate valve below the water), and getting her splashed so I can start getting to know her. Once all the safety stuff is taken care of, and I have a significant amount of time sailing her, then I can start thinking about improvements.

Buying a boat is by far the most scary/exciting thing I have ever done. I am going through phases of enjoying it a lot, and kind of freaking out about it. Thanks for your help in my freak out moment.
vjm is offline   Reply With Quote