Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 05:19   #1

Boat: 320 Catalina and a 16ft Scruffie " Oma Martha"
House Sitters?.....

We are planning to go sailing for 3 to 6 month by the end of the year and we are not sure what to do with our house while on the boat.
I thought heaps of you guys must have done this and had to be faced with the same problem.
We have friends who are willing to look after the place but we have a fish tank and a big Rottweiler who needs to be looked after too.
Please let us know what you did or do.

Cheers
Reiner
reiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:50   #2

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 400
Re: House Sitters?.....

When we were faced with a simular situation, we found a new home for our beloved dog, it was a hard choice, but we have visited "Snickers" and he seems just as happy with his new owners as he did with us and we have our freedom. Win, Win. As for the fish, If you have some expensive fish, I would advertize on Criegs list and find them new homes also. You could always replace them when you return if you wanted. With our home, we found short term renters. My wife is a nurse and knew some traveling doctors that needed a furnished home for 6 months so we rented to them. Paid for our trip and then some.
Rocketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:07   #3

Boat: Nimble Artic 26

Just thought I'd throw this in. We did this too. We found some one to take our dog when we went to the Caribbean. Our dog was a city dog, the person who took her lived on a ranch, trained dogs, she had several. Our dog arrived and seemed to get along fine. Unfortunately she discovered a rattle snake under the house and was dead only a week after we left.

I hope you don't have this experience.
tbodine88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2012, 17:08   #4

Hello

I am looking for a situation , where I would maintain someones boat while living there.

I am hoping it to be in the Florida Keys but am open to other areas. as my work requires the use of a computer and an internet connection.

I have over 20 years experience in the building trade and a bench carpenter/cabinet maker. Additionally I have done extensive renovations to RVS and have my own tools.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Stephen
sunshinetrade is offline   Reply With Quote