Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2009, 22:39   #16

Boat: Pacific Seacraft a Crealock 34
Love the layout, good size water tanks, she looks pretty nice. Was this boat a charter? I believe there is a bene group here, I know MarkJ has a bene and they seem to love the boat.
Have fun boat shopping
Erika
Ocean Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 23:10   #17

Boat: Irwin- Barefoot 37CC (Custom MK V) "Quest"
Not bad and it is pretty, but having cruised some it's missing a lot of things I have on my 37 CC. For example: I use dutchman furling on the main with full battens, Self tailing winches all around, A 600 GPD Watermaker and 195 gals fresh water stowage, A 30/37 HP Yanmar w 187 Gals diesel fuel, a 640 AH house bank of batteries w a 2500 W true sign inverter w/a 150 amp multistage battery charger, A 3500 W diesel generator automatically controlled by the inverter, a SSB and Ham HF radios with 2 long wire antennas, 3 GPS's, one w /chart plotter, and an autopilot and working radar all interfaced, a 7 gal HW tank heated by engine and Shore power or generator, a propane instant HW heater for those long times away from shore power. I cary 2 10# aluminum Propane tanks in a below deck locker, 2 20 # fiberglass tanks in an above deck locker and 1 26# aluminum tank for my barbecue. I cary 5 anchors and three rodes. I have double lifelines w/3 gates and probably a lot of other stuff I didn't think of off hand.

The point is if you are going to do a lot of serious cruising you are going to need a lot more stuff than what appears on that boat. If you're willing to take the time and spend the money okay. Otherwise look for something better prepared for cruising.

Good luck

Joe S
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE186.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	234.3 KB
ID:	8909   Click image for larger version

Name:	Stern w:stuff on deck.JPG
Views:	184
Size:	240.9 KB
ID:	8910  

svquest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2009, 08:08   #18

I have never sailed on a Beneteau but always liked their looks. I am not sure that I would attempt a circumnavigation in one and have always regarded them as coastal cruisers. The one main issue about Beneteaus that personally bothers me is their use of a hull liner. It makes it difficult to get at systems on the boat and this could be potentially a problem in making repairs at sea or in certain ports. If you like the looks of the Bene I would concentrate on their "First" series which seem to be better built.
SteveMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2009, 16:47   #19
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMH View Post
I have never sailed on a Beneteau but always liked their looks. I am not sure that I would attempt a circumnavigation in one and have always regarded them as coastal cruisers. The one main issue about Beneteaus that personally bothers me is their use of a hull liner. It makes it difficult to get at systems on the boat and this could be potentially a problem in making repairs at sea or in certain ports. If you like the looks of the Bene I would concentrate on their "First" series which seem to be better built.
LOL You have never been on one

All systems are completely accessible

We haven’t died yet.

A First is a racing boat and have little ventilation. You will die of asphyxiation in the tropics.

And you will trip over the main sheet and there isn't even a cockpit table.

The cruising range is for cruising the racing rage for racing.

Go charter one in the Caribbean and thrash it in the 25kt trade winds and you will have a much better understanding of the boats

Mark

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote