Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2010, 15:05   #1

Lightbulb Have You Seen this Boat ?

I am trying to find out what has happened to the boat my father and I built. It was launched in 1957 and I was able to keep track of her owners up until the 1980s. If you have seen her please let me know.
The boat is a 37 foot LOA ketch, modified Herreshoff design (Herreshoff's Neria was a double-ender) that my father redesigned with a little more beam and a transom. She is strip-planked and fiberglassed. Auxiliary power is by a two-cylinder Kermath diesel. Her large water tank">fresh water tank is in the bilge; special stainless steel floors were made so that the tank would fit below the cabin sole. There are two large fuel tanks under the cockpit floor. Her documentation number was carved into her sternpost; it was 275012.
Other particulars: Beam; 9', Draft; 5', Displacement; 19,000 lbs, Keel, lead; 5,500 lbs. Spruce spars, stainless rigging, anchor winch is a two speed W.C. Auxiliary diesel is fresh water cooled with a Sendur cooler.
She is (or, I hope not, was) a great sailer. Has a pretty good windward helm that takes some effort at her tiller. Bowspirit is about 3'.
Would really appreciate ANY information about the boat. Her original name was Nola.
Historynut is offline   Reply With Quote