Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-12-2014, 04:00   #16

Boat: Columbia 8.7
Re: Haul out and Storage in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by palm trees View Post
I am at Apollo Beach Marina you might want to call Phil at 813) 645-0720 it is on the East side of Tampabay is a great DIY I draw 4'8" and have no problem.

Larry
Just a little more info on ABM I pay $300 per month have 24 access and bring in my own supplies and outside business' and we can work 24/7 if we want. Phil does not demand anything that most DIY yard do at all.
The gates are close at 5p to 8a but we have a code or gate opener to get in to work or sleep. This is also a liveaboard marina.
palm trees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2014, 09:00   #17

Boat: 35' Pearson sloop

Riverside in Fort Pierce is very good if you need to do some work on the boat. I just spent a year there virtually rebuilding my 35 Pearson. The yard even has reasonable prices on their materials. The only thing is you need to be careful too get in the right yard. When you drive in its the store on the left just before you enter the storage area. I know nothing of the other yard except its run by a brother and their at war with each other. I was told your better off with the one on the left, and I had a good experience with them. The storage and work areas are pretty much all sand.
lesterbutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2014, 10:12   #18

Boat: American Tug

You can get under the Indiantown Bridge by using "Billy the Boat-Tipper." Our mast is 52 feet, bridge is 48 feet. He charged us $200, used his water barrels and Voila! No problems and easy. Nice man too.
dochip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida, haul out, storage