Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-04-2012, 05:45   #1

Hardin Sailboats

Does anyone have experience with Hardin sailboats? How do they sail; esp in blue water? What issues does this boat usually have? Any manufacturing year better than another? We are looking at a 1981 Hardin sailboat, 45' length, (made in Taiwan). Thanks in advance. Ann/Tony
Loves Sailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 14:31   #2

Boat: Deja Vu - Catalina 36 MK I
Re: Hardin Sailboats

I have some dock friends who departed last year from Marina del Rey (Los Angeles) on their Hardin 45 and have made it down past Mexico and through the Canal on their way to the Caribbean. They seem to love the boat and have had no issues. I must confess that he did go through every system and made a lot of upgrades prior to departure. Still, I think it's generally considered a good bluewater boat.

Mike
MikeinLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 14:40   #3

We have friends who have had their Hardin 45 for 15+ yrs now. They have sailed it to Hawaii, onto Midway and back to Hawaii- onto Alaska and washington for 2 yrs, down the coast to oregon, calif, mexcio, all through pacific side of central america to equador, to the Galapagos throught the canal to colombia, ABC islands, up to Puerto Rico, Back to colombia back through the canal and are now back in Mexico and thinking about heading back to Hawaii. They have written an articla a month in Northwest Yachting for the past 5+ yrs. You may be able to get a feel for their boat by checking out back issues. Their name is Bob and Carol Mehaffey
stacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:02   #4

Boat: Hardin Voyager 45 - Bejasus
Send a message via MSN to Bejasus Send a message via Yahoo to Bejasus Send a message via Skype™ to Bejasus

Hi, we have a 1980 Hardin 45, 4 berth layout hull no 061. Apart from what you would expect of a 30+ year old vessel filled with teak there is not too much that we have found wrong apart from equipment which always goes wrong, instruments etc. It is a boat. We have lived aboard for 5 years now and I have to say you would be hard put to find a sturdier built vessel and the room inside is amazing campared to all of our aquaintances that have boats ranging from 45-55ft. Biggest issue we have is with leaks from stantions/toe rail, however we are currently addressing this end to end.

George
Bejasus is offline   Reply With Quote