Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2017, 19:10   #31

Re: Halman 20 v. Flicka v. Nordica 20

Thank you kmac. That would be a little less expensive than a 250.
truewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 07:22   #32

I towed a Contessa 26 (5400 disp) with a Ford F250 diesel truck. I would want nothing less. Another option is the Falmouth 22, Dana 24. Both are great boats.

Cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 02:40   #33

Boat: 1980 Endeavour 32

Hello, I'm new to the forums but an old sailor. I owned an owner finished Flicka some years ago. I loved it, sailed her on the St. Johns. But she was small, with a fairly quick motion at times. As much as I love the boat I am going bigger for my retirement liveaboard.

My main reason for posting is to shamelessly plug my 2006 Silverado 2500 that is for sale if anyone is looking for a tow vehicle. It is a beautiful truck, low miles, 8.1 liter V8 with Allison 6 speed transmission. Made for towing. Send me a message if interested. Also have a camper for sale ! Lol

Sorry, I'll butt out now. Not trying to hijack the thread. I love the Flicka. Just small.
OldManMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 18:53   #34

I want a MIDGET 20 or MIDGET 26 as the interior layout is 300% better than NORDICA or HALMAN version of the same boat. What about a PEARSON ELECTRA 22 though??? If it has a self bailing cockpit, and surely that early 60's hull is as strong as any fibreglass hull ever built.

I am newbie, but it seems to me that the PEARSON ELECTRA 22 would be faster and tough as can be. With a freshwater maker, why not circumnavigate in one? MIDGET 20, someone could break that world record if you actually cared to do it in a boat smaller than 21.5 feet.

BAYFIELD 29 or MIDGET 26 would be best for 2 people.
SOLO, the NORDICA 20, HALMAN 20, but in the MIDGET 20 as preferred of that same HULL these 3 are built using.

WESTERN CANADA has limited selection for BLUEWATER BOATS.
ELECTRA will be more common than an Ontario made boats for sure.
WESTCOAST is so much better lifestyle in terms of no frost, no arctic freeze, no hurricanes. ALASKA is about 200% warmer than NE USA and Eastern Canada, yet it remains empty since Russia gifted it away.
DK2730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 22:59   #35

I prefer the little, double-ender Halman/Nordicas, so I ended up with the next best thing, a double-ender Flicka, more commonly known as a Pacific Seacraft 25.
Old 05-07-2021, 23:43   #36

Thank you to everyone who responded to this thread. I hope it helps others make their decision.
Old 07-07-2021, 15:24   #37

Boat: Pacific Seacraft Flicka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheechako View Post
I towed a Contessa 26 (5400 disp) with a Ford F250 diesel truck. I would want nothing less. Another option is the Falmouth 22, Dana 24. Both are great boats.
I totally agree. I pull my Flicka down the Interstate going 75 with my F-250 diesel. I wouldn't attempt it with a 1/2 ton pickup. There is a big difference in the stopping ability between an 1/2 ton verses 3/4 ton.
fousley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2022, 16:45   #38

Boat: Looking to Buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by truewind View Post
Thank you to everyone who responded to this thread. I hope it helps others make their decision.

Thanks for starting this thread. The information has been useful. Am shopping for my first boat and seriously considering either a Halman 20 or Nordica 20 as both are available local to me and within my budget.

Sailing will be on the Bay of Fundy which will be good for either boat.

Thanks again.
82CreweNS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nordic