Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 09:14   #1

Boat: Beneteau 50
Gui's thread form the Chicago Strictly Sail

Does anyone have the text from Guiletta's write up of the Chicago Strictly Sail sailboat show? Sailnet went and deleted it as part of their new designs to move from being a forum to a place where any negative comments on any product will be removed. (And where discussions about the removal of threads would also not be tolerated.) Expect a large influx of sailnetters onto other sites like this one.

Gui has some really great plusses and minusses of what he saw at the show. Does anyone have a copy or could reporduce it here?
bene505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:37   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Brad: I suggest that you send a PM to Giulietta.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:45   #3

Boat: Beneteau 50
Good idea. I'll wait a bit since he's still recovering.
bene505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:58   #4

Boat: '75 Hunter 27 SD
Hmm, I stopped visiting Sailnet a while back, I didn't like how elitist it seemed. I loved reading Guilettas post though. Witty and intelligent.

My club www.SYClub.ca
Greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 14:32   #5

Boat: Cal 34 "Windemere"
Here is what I got off cruising.stuffimiinto.com

"Recently a group of folks on Sailnet had a get together at the Chicago Boat Show.
During the show Alex/Giulietta spotted some cracks on the hull of a C&C on display and made this post:"

"C&C hull cracks in the boat on show in Chicago!!
Well..we all saw it at the show..we all spoke about it...but no one had the guts to show it..

I do..

after all they can't sue me, and if they come to my country to threaten..they'll run.....there were at least 1000 people seeing it..for sure. And harder evidence than this, I don't know where to find.

A picture speaks 1000 words...I leave you a few.

I don't really care about the politics, the discussions and the right/wrong doings of Novis/C&C/Tartan or whatever they are this week..I wish them good luck.

All I know, is that they played "off side" here with the Tartan thread, and that was bad, so much so, that now, even I am suspicious..and started looking where I would not normally look..their fault really..they could have palyed nice, and win more...but decided to play unfair games..
I leave you with these, believe it or not, the C&C 115 at the Chicago Strictly sail show was cracked...and one of the Tartans had patches of paint all over it, (bow and sides), in what one salesman explained was to show the antifouling, the another one said was to hide flaws!! who these guys think we are?? Stupid passers by??

Take and make your own conclusions..this time, there is no speculation, no BS, nothing...the boat was there, I saw it, and took a photo..make of it what you want...it's hard to argue with these..let's call it EVIDENCE!!

So..now...do you guys believe the claims on C&C boats cracking, and the mutted voices of their owners??? Do you believe now???

I do..it's the second C&C I see cracked...and for me..that's one too many.

This thread may not last long here, if it doesn't, I'll host it somewhere else.
"

Several rather poor photos showing cracks were included in this start to the thread that eventually evolved into over 100 posts. Some questioned whether the cracks were in the gelcoat...others said they might be scrapes from mis-handling the boats at the show, others said it might be paint cracking rather than gelcoat.

I will make no opinion on what the cracks were, as I was not there and that is not the purpose of THIS thread.
The purpose of THIS thread is to inform everyone that once AGAIN, Bill Ross both a lawyer and the president of Tartan/C&C/Novis called sailnet's CEO and made it clear that the thread should be removed if they did not want to face legal action. Sailnet removed the thread as they did in October with another Tartan thread after a similar phone call.

Earlier today...Rob Proctor the CEO of Sailnet made this announcement on the board after the latest thread was removed.

SailNet.com Forum Rules and Policy regarding Disputes – Tartan / C&C yachts
2-10-09

SailNet.com Forum Rules and Policy regarding Disputes –

Tartan / C&C Yachts Forum Threads:

There have been several active threads over the recent past regarding Tartan and C&C Yachts. Some members of the SailNet.com community and Tartan/C&C are not “seeing eye to eye” – to put it mildly. We regret that the relationship between some members of the SailNet.com community and Tartan / C&C management has deteriorated. Sailnet takes no position as to the relative merits of either side of disputes between Sailnet community members and Tartan / C&C management. However, Sailnet is not interested in being involved in any litigation over these matters or being left “holding the bag” regarding a dispute that is not of our making.

PLEASE NOTE:

* The SailNet.com forum rules state: “This forum is not to be used to sell things to members OR settle personal disputes or attack vendors.” Please realize, there is no consideration or exception based on the validity of your dispute. The SailNet.com forums are simply not the place for this.

* Sailnet can not tolerate any exceptions to the Sailnet forum rules for legal and general business reasons. Threads that violate the Sailnet forum rules and the Sailnet polices will be deleted as a matter of policy.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
rjrap is offline   Reply With Quote