Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2014, 21:22   #1
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 87
Getting there and being there

What sailboat do you think has the best compromise of good sailing,powering and comfortable deckspace in the 55' to 65' range? I realize cats work well here but I'm not asking about cats.
__________________

__________________
daysgoneby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 21:46   #2
Registered User
 
avb3's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Florida/Alberta
Boat: Lippincott 30
Posts: 9,913
Images: 1
Re: Getting there and being there

Quote:
Originally Posted by daysgoneby View Post
What sailboat do you think has the best compromise of good sailing,powering and comfortable deckspace in the 55' to 65' range? I realize cats work well here but I'm not asking about cats.
That is a pretty big boat that is going to require a crew to help sail it.

What type of sailing? Coastal? Caribbean? Atlantic? High latitudes? How many people on board? Are you running charters with this? Day charters or longer term?

With out knowing some of the parameters of use and the ability of the crew, including yourself, the question your asking is somewhat akin to how long is a piece of string?

There are a lot of very knowledgeable members here on this board, but without a better understanding if intended use, no on can give you a perspective that would help.
__________________

__________________
If your attitude resembles the south end of a bull heading north, it's time to turn around.
avb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 23:05   #3
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 87
Re: Getting there and being there

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
That is a pretty big boat that is going to require a crew to help sail it.

What type of sailing? Coastal? Caribbean? Atlantic? High latitudes? How many people on board? Are you running charters with this? Day charters or longer term?

With out knowing some of the parameters of use and the ability of the crew, including yourself, the question your asking is somewhat akin to how long is a piece of string?

There are a lot of very knowledgeable members here on this board, but without a better understanding if intended use, no on can give you a perspective that would help.
Thanks for the reply, I'm just looking for boats I haven't seen yet, not a serious post by any means.
__________________
daysgoneby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 00:42   #4
Moderator Emeritus
 
Ex-Calif's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Singapore
Boat: Maxi 77 - Relax Lah!
Posts: 11,514
Images: 4
Re: Getting there and being there

If I ever get into that rarefied segment I would be looking at things like Hylas 56, Hylas 63, Dufour 500, Beneteau Sense 55.

I know little about this class of boat - just what I read in the funny papers...

Nice to dream, though.
__________________
Relax Lah! is For Sale <--- Click
Click--> Custom CF Google Search or CF Rules
You're gonna need a bigger boat... - Martin Brody
Ex-Calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:10   #5
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 87
Re: Getting there and being there

Like the Sense 55
__________________
daysgoneby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 09:11   #6
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2012
Boat: Tayana 58 DS
Posts: 661
Re: Getting there and being there

It depends on what you want to do with it -- where you want to go, and on how much you want to spend. Boats are all about trade-offs.
__________________
accomplice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 09:33   #7
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 87
Re: Getting there and being there

Quote:
Originally Posted by accomplice View Post
It depends on what you want to do with it -- where you want to go, and on how much you want to spend. Boats are all about trade-offs.
True it all comes down to intended use.
__________________

__________________
daysgoneby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Maine, and getting there KStepman Destinations 38 18-09-2015 18:50
One of those hey there, hi there, ho there posts Noreasta Meets & Greets 13 25-09-2013 12:44
The Restoration of 'Lady J' - Getting Closer to Being DONE ! CharlieCobra Construction, Maintenance & Refit 3 04-01-2011 10:19
It's Official - 2010 Is 'Quit Being a Mariner and Start Being a Sailor Again' Michael D Meets & Greets 2 19-10-2009 16:59



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:58.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.