Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-07-2010, 18:18   #1

Boat: 1978 Freya 39- About Time
Freya 39

My girlfriend and I have recently purchased a Freya 39 hull that is completely bare. It is a beautiful project boat that I can't wait to start. Does anyone by chance have any interior pictures that i good use as a reference. I am also interested in anyone on here that might own one. I am having a hard time trying to find anything on the internet. Thank you.
ebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 18:56   #2

I did a Google search on it and there is quite a bit of information on it. It sounds to be a good boat. Congrats to you. As for interior pictures I'm sure if you go deeper into google then I did you will find some. Honestly, if I were in this situation I would build the interior however I wanted so it fit me best. 39 feet leaves a lot of room and you would probably be able to come up with a layout that you like better then the stock one. Hope I helped and once again congrats. Good luck and keep that in consideration.
Patrick S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 19:02   #3
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast
some here

- Cruisers & Sailing Photo Gallery
SaltyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:03   #4

Boat: Freya 39
Hello ebrown,

I own a Freya 39 and I would more than happy to send you some interior photos. I have hull no. 34 and it was not finished by Gannon Yachts. Please feel free to contact me for the photos or with any other questions you might have. Congratulations, the Freya is a wonderful yacht.
kiwi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2011, 04:24   #5

Re: Freya 39

I have one too. Excellent choice. If you are still looking for photos etc, please feel free to contact me.
Teremoana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:12   #6

Re: Freya 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrown
Thank you very much for your reply. Any pictures of yours would be very helpful. The other problem i am having is when i purchased the bare hull i have no clue where placement of tanks are. I have a very good plan on how i am going to do the interior, but would love to hear any suggestions. How you would do things different so outfit it better. Again thank you.
This is pretty much how mine is set up, although mine doesn't have a pilot berth on the port side behind the settee.

I have been pretty happy with this arrangement. although the forward V berth is pretty much only used in harbor. I may put a couple of pipe berths in on either side amidships that can serve as the backs to the settees and then pivot up to provide two more berths amidships while underway.

I sacrificed some of the forward V berth to provide a set of lockers on the starboard side, which also provides room for the chain pipe to descend to the chain locker located under the V berth. I would prefer more vertical chain stowage, as I sometimes have to give the chain a poke to knock it down and out of the pipe while raising anchor. It's a nuisance when singlehanding.

For tanks I have two diesel tanks under the settee berths amidships and the main water tank under the cabin sole just aft of the mast.
Dirty fuel is always a problem in far away places, so I would add a small (5-10 gal?) day tank somewhere between the main tanks and the engine. You need to be able to get into the tanks for thorough cleaning once in a while. It would be nice to have your fuel lines set up so you can transfer fuel from any one tank to another through your filter bank.

I have had good luck with being able to catch water off the deck when it's really raining. I scrub it down, and then plug the little scuppers in the low coaming with a couple of dishtowels and am then able to open the fill pipe located a bit aft of amidships about three or four inches in from the coaming.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Freya 39  plan.JPG
Views:	3515
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	26074  
Teremoana is offline   Reply With Quote