Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 01-10-2016, 06:21   #16

Boat: morgan O/I 33' sloop
Re: Endeavour 33 Dry Weight.

You need to explain to the marina that they will be lifting the boat as is which means 'wet weight'. Unless you plan to strip her dry weight is not relevant. More importantly if they have serious questions about weight details you probably need to find someone else who is more experienced handling your size boat.

Dave22q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 07:18   #17

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon-C22 Chrysler Sunpiper- 19 Potter-Preparing to cruise w/my girl

Originally Posted by Brooderman View Post
Let me step up and apologize for the rude response from sailmonkey. What a waste of words. Sailmonkey should think before adding another useless post.

Dry weight means without the tanks filled, bare boat, no personal possessions and no crew aboard. An empty boat. There could be 8000 pounds difference (just a guess) between dry and wet weight on a boat this size.

There's a lot of knowledge on this site and a few prolific and useless contributors that diminish the site's value.

It's the moderators job to moderate this and I've seen these useless posts cycle up and down in frequency so perhaps the moderators are working at it but I'm calling out all you useless wasters of time and words to just not bother to post unless you have something to contribute of value.
Let me step up and say that what you are pointing out about useless posts is yourself. And so that you are aware, I will say that any discussion of moderation, moderators, or the proficiency of, is STRICTLY prohibited in public posts.

Wet v dry is useless, there is no such designation. Please research vessel displacement. By the way, a 6 ton vessel is unlikely to be laden with 4 tons.

Originally Posted by alansmith View Post
Looks like a new breed of posters has come to us with a total of less than 20 posts. Is it not just hypocritical to make scathing remarks against long time posters who have a wealth of information and over the years have made many helpful remarks. Thou should look into your own heart and ask what troubles you to tee off so pointedly against a posting that was not rude or an attack on the OP. Lighten up a little bit. There are diverse personalities on here and just because they offer up a point from their perspective doesn't mean u need to get so aggressive. If u new more about SailMonkey u would know he is a decent man. But u haven't been around long enough to know that, have u?
Excellent post

Originally Posted by DDabs View Post
Also - what does the marina know between dry vs. wet displacement? Sounds like someone at the marina just being a douche.
Agreed Dabs

Originally Posted by JerseyJoe View Post
Don't know, but if the marina is concerned that their lift equipment might not be adequate for your size boat I would seek a marina that regularly handles boats your size.
Most relevant post in the thread.

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair...

Mai Tai's fix everything...
HappyMdRSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 14:36   #18

Sailmonkey's response was both accurate and funny. This is a sailor's forum, not a college debating class. Tip a glass and lighten up!

rhubstuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: