Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 25-02-2011, 07:40   #16

Re: Dutch / European Boat Yards

Hi Steve, are your plans still standing? I'm living in N.Germany not so far from Holland. If your interested, I'd be willing to help you. Private contact for details etc. is probably better than hier. My daugther and her Aus: husband run a B:B in Glebe, Sydney if you ever need accomadation, they could also give you info about Europe etc.

Old 25-02-2011, 08:12   #17

Boat: Koopmans 42 - Netherlands

Steve,

The mentioned yards by you are well known (in Holland), good quality yards. (I have a 43ft Koopmans centerboard, contructed originally in 1985 at Aluboat in Hindelopen, top quality contruction)

A well know broker is "van de Valk" in Holland. There are many others however who I think will do an equal good job. Van de Valk broker is sitruated all over Holland, so they can set up with several offices. My boat was located in the South, van de Valk set me up via one of the office in the North. I am Ducht, live in US now, otherwise would have helped you out.

the website www.botenbank.nlis a good website for boat searching prior getting in Holland. Type in "koopmans" or "van der stadt" in search box "merk / model" , press "zoeken" (search) and you get everything available via Dutch brokers.

Aluminium or steel, most important thing is only take it when iot was constructed on a good quality yard, as about the yard and how many they have built over the last 10 years etc. In the case the vessel was built on unknown yard, then you should have good survey done, by someone familiar with metal construction. It really comes down to the details in metal construction. Yards like aluboat go into those details.

success, peter a s

Old 28-02-2011, 04:57   #18

Hi Steve, take a look in the classified ads. www,palstek.de its not what your looking for but could be considered as an alternative and lets you get a good insight to the N. European market. If you need a translation contact me www.sail-english.de I just wrote a long e-mail to you only to discover neither one of us has been a member long enough to enjoy this privalidge.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gastlandflaggen.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	414.3 KB
ID:	24308  

bobdersegler is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: