Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 16:26   #16

Boat: Cheoy Lee Clipper 48, Empress Milli Lani
Send a message via Skype™ to Rafi
boat transport.

Thank you. You are on my radar (Lowrance Broadband).
Rafi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 17:08   #17

Boat: Makela,Ingrid38,Idora
Quick close all the bars and hide all the women..Boatman may be headed to the carribean....
IdoraKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 17:18   #18
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdoraKeeper View Post
Quick close all the bars and hide all the women..Boatman may be headed to the carribean....
ROLF..... Spoilsport...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 17:52   #19
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
If freight can't be found feel free to PM

me...

do it.. i would love to meet you...
Bergovoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 21:09   #20

Send a message via Yahoo to joey69
pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafi View Post
Desperately need info on least expensive way of transporting my 48 foot monohull from Marmaris, Turkey to any point in Carib. or U.S. Gulf. Dockwise quotes over $40,000. between April and June.
I thought the whole point of having a sailboat was to actually SAIL it to where you were going..........LMAO.
joey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 21:30   #21

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey69 View Post
I thought the whole point of having a sailboat was to actually SAIL it to where you were going..........LMAO.
Nah! A lot just like to sail circles around small islands.

BTW Dockwise quoted me US$30K from Vancouver, BC to Taiwan. Spring times only.
Old 11-02-2011, 21:48   #22

pirate

how much do people earn to sail/deliver a boat to somewhere? seems i need to change careers.
Old 11-02-2011, 23:02   #23
cruiser

there actually seems to be quite a market for those summer sailers who like to sail south, then fly back home and have thier boats returned to their home port...

seems like beating into the wind is half the fun, but i guess if you are on a schedule and can afford it, it is all good..
Old 12-02-2011, 08:15   #24

Boat: no longer on my Cabo Rico 38 Sanderling
Send a message via MSN to John A
Quote:
There are those that cruise full time and then there are those that don't.

Then there are the dreamers and those that have returned to life on dirt.

This forum welcomes all kinds of people who like boats.
John A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:47   #25

pirate

I did NOT mean any disrespect.I was just thinking if it cost 30k to ship a boat,someone would do it by hand for less.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:01   #26
cruiser

your perception of money is skewed...

to some folks $30k is like babysitting money... dont buy the boat unless you can afford to have someone sail her upwind......

dont by a Caddilac if you have to wonder about gas mileage or economy...

hehehehe

must be nice to have spare monmey like that each year.... (or more?)

I wish those folks well..... BUT, if rich people, (people with millions and millions), actually gave millions to real charities and people that need it, we could, (I mean they could), end lower class...billionaires could end the deficit tomorrow.. but if they did, they wouldnt have billions, maybe millions, but it would probably hurt too much to only have ten houses instead of hundreds...

I wouldnt suggest that those that have money or earned thier money become 'middle class' or for them to go without... only to have a decimal less in thier portfolio...

and i would start with politicians who have that much money.... they can do more good for society with thier money then they could with thier trying to affect change by sitting in a chair.... think of how much money is spent on elections and re elections... millions, hundred of millions...

spend that money on transport boats, and airplanes and stuff them with food and building materials and farming and irrigation materials, and bring them diret to those that need.... dont bother giving it to a charity as 50% or whatever amount goes to 'salaries' of those managing the charity...

i think my biggist problem.. the one that will be the hardest for me to discard from my psychie is my belief that we should help each other.. I have always given more then i should...and it's not that i expect to be paid back or that i have expectations.. but that i would hope that someone someday would hep me i fi needed... and that pay it forward mentality has NEVER EVER happened... and i have needed and wanted help a several occasions...

I believe that the power of large numbers, the law of large number would make helping each other EASY.... if everyone gave a nickel to someone when they needed it, that person would be a bazillionaire...

ok, so not everyone can give all the time, so if a small portion gave a nickel, then the person / recipient would have enough to get out of whatever financial trouble they were in..

the recent closed discussion wouldnt have occured if more people gave, a smaller amount... who would care if the person they gave to was accused of something similar but the folks that donated only gave a nickel...

who cares a bout a nickel... we drop that much inthe sofa every day...

anyways.... too much pain last nite and not enough sleep so my mind is 'busy' this AM....

sorry
Old 12-02-2011, 09:19   #27
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

Quote:
I did NOT mean any disrespect.I was just thinking if it cost 30k to ship a boat,someone would do it by hand for less.
This is very true... but for owners with the means to afford options it comes down to distance...
Turkey - St Martin's around 5 1/2 - 6000miles.... depending on route... a few blows and wear and tear on rig and engine to take into account...
good skipper.. bad skipper...
its a bit of a gamble of sorts which some would rather not take... lets face it... the recent Portugal disaster was a delivery gone bad just for a crew change...
Sometimes that fancy YM/Captains ticket is not enough to keep your boat or life safe... the sea's a fickle friend...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:45   #28

pirate

I understand that too.It is just amazing to me what people with DEEP pockets will pay for,30k is more than my income for a whole yr.

hmmmmm......anybody need a "tax write off" ?
Old 12-02-2011, 09:58   #29

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 38
Quote:
I understand that too.It is just amazing to me what people with DEEP pockets will pay for,30k is more than my income for a whole yr.

hmmmmm......anybody need a "tax write off" ?
Is that $30k? Per annum? Or is that tongue in cheek?

And you sail in your leisure time on that income too? If so, I need your advice on money management!

Amazing.

Garold
Garold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:11   #30
cruiser

joey is looking for his boat.. and he is kinda like me... we are looking for some liveaboard, cheap cruising lifestyle...

I dont make much more then Joey, and believe it is feasible to get a boat, and keep it up and live in it for cheaper then our house/apartment and car...