Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-09-2009, 00:55   #1

Boat: Looking for her
Delphia 40

Anyone have any experience with Delphia (Polish made I believe) boats??

Thanks in advance,
Roy
rjplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 05:48   #2

Boat: Delphia 40.3
Re: Delphia 40

I realize this is a current reply to a much older post, but I bought a Delphia 40 last year. One season only under my belt, but couldn't be more pleased. I'd be happy to describe more detail if you're still interested, but given the date of your original post, you might have moved on.
D40-O2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2011, 06:03   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, D40-O2.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 08:49   #4

Good morning D40-02 I am currently considering a boat purchase and would appreciate feedback on the Delphia 40 both pros and cons. I was considering A Saga 409 but they don't have a full forward bulkhead and seem to have flex problems -- windows poping and deck issues. What is your opion of the construction of the Delphia boats? Richard
Pacific-sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2011, 09:41   #5

Boat: Delphia 40.3

I did extensive research in all the areas you mention. While many boats claim fully glassed in bulk heads, they are typically glassed in to hull only, and deck side is tabbed. Delphia's bulkead is fully glassed all around. The top sides are sandwich structure (closed cell foam). That's the construction method used for ocean racers. The hull is from vinylester and flexing is not a problem. We installed a few options here after delivery, so I had the opportunity to go through the boat inside out, and I can attest to the construction quality, attention to detail, and overall functionality. No regrets. The factory also sent me pictures throughout the build process, which really showed off the construction in detail.
Currently, there is a solo circumnavigator using a Delphia 40. THAT's a good endorsement. Here's a link to the website and you can follow him live:
Around The World Delphia Project
Fit and finish of the interior surpasses any other production boat I reviewed and looked at. I looked at many.
The Con: there are not many of them in North America so you'll always feel a bit orphaned. For me, standing out from the same old crowd in every marina was actually a positive, but not everyone feels that way.
There is no question you should be taking a closer look.
D40-O2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2011, 14:55   #6
Marine Service Provider

We have friends who have a Delphia 40 for sale in La Paz. It has some nice gear on it like a Hydrovane, Duo-gen, and Spectra watermaker. I have not sailed it but we spent a lot of time onboard socializing. Seems to be put together better than many production boats and it's being offered quite reasonably.
islandplanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2011, 11:18   #7

I have sent two messages to the broker inquiring about Nereid, but have not gotten a reply yet. I might ask you for the owners contact if I don't get a reply soon.
Pacific-sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2011, 12:58   #8
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific-sailor View Post
I have sent two messages to the broker inquiring about Nereid, but have not gotten a reply yet. I might ask you for the owners contact if I don't get a reply soon.
Please check your private messages.
islandplanet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2011, 15:20   #9

Boat: a sailing boat

Delphias are like any other pop outs. Neither better nor worse than most of their kind. The hardware is all the same throughout.

Seen a couple of them here.

b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2012, 19:32   #10
rea

Boat: Mumby 48

I have owned a Delphia 40.2 for 4 years now. My wife and I sailed her from Gdansk in Poland to Australia in 3 1/2 years. It is a very strong boat, not your average off the mill French/US/German charter boat! It is designed to withstand heavy sea and it is fast upwind. One exemple: check the keel bolt on different boats and compare them with the ones on the Delphia. I have seen a Delphia keel hit a submerged concrete block in the port of Gdansk. It must have been doing 5 knots at least, the noise was incredible but what was more incredible was that they kept going out to sea....no damage.
rea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:01   #11
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, rea.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:14   #12

Boat: 33ft sloop

What I have heard from Delphia owners is that it is a splendid boat. Looking at the design and hull shape I feel to agree that it is a fast moving vessel.

That there are a few in the US only is hardly a con. Rather a pro.
Many boats are now produced in Poland and big brands like Jeanneau have part of there production located overthere.
MacG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 18:20   #13
rea

Boat: Mumby 48

The people making the Jeanneau in Poland are related to the owners of Delphia Yachts. Delphia makes motorboat under different names for well known brands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacG View Post
What I have heard from Delphia owners is that it is a splendid boat. Looking at the design and hull shape I feel to agree that it is a fast moving vessel.

That there are a few in the US only is hardly a con. Rather a pro.
Many boats are now produced in Poland and big brands like Jeanneau have part of there production located overthere.
rea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2013, 13:12   #14

Delphia builds almost 2000 boats per year mostly power, they have their own line of modern trawlers Escape. If you looking for 40 + footer , check it out the Delphia 46cc or Delphia 47, all the sailboats has multiple draft options including centreboards.Thety are sleek looking, but real Ocean cruiser, last year Delphia 40 finished single handled non-stop circumnavigation.
Skipper434343 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2013, 14:48   #15

Boat: a sailing boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper434343 View Post

Delphia 40 finished single handled non-stop circumnavigation.
It wasn't non-stop.

The credit is they were sailing the harder, Eastbound, way.

b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote