One man’s custom design cruising yacht.
Hi Folks, What makes a good cruising boat
It is interesting to see the range of design considerations prioritised by various cruising sailors – brings to mind the expression ” One man’s meat may be another’s poison”.
Each of us has his or her own personal priorities in a cruising yacht, our priorities in order are:
Integrity and vessel safety
(2) Personal Security
for occupants and crew,
(3) Personal Comfort for occupants and crew, (Creature comforts).
(4) Performance and handling under power.
(5) Performance and handling under sail.
(6) Overall vessel usability.
1. We could not find a production yacht to suit our needs so we designed and built our own custom cruising yacht: “MISTY of Gosford” and we are now in our 8th year of happily cruising the Australian East Coast
2. We have publicly and freely listed our detailed design notes and considerations along with many photos of this project
, in the hope that it may be of some assistance to any like minded person contemplating a similar journey.
@…Misty of Gosford: MISTY DESIGN 1.