Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-01-2012, 14:01   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: 18 ft avon
Cruising on a Cascade 36 or 42

I finally got a job in December of 2011, after a year of unemployment. Was able to make ends meet over the year with a side consulting company, and sales of WVO off of craigslist. My hopes are that I will be able to continue to provide consulting activities that would support living & cruising on a sailboat.

If I am still employed come 2013 and things are going good financially I am thinking about buying a Cascade 36 or 42 sailboat.

The end goal with this boat would be to sell the house and almost everything else we own and build a container home up on Mt. Hood here in Oregon.

Building with shipping containers - McCormack's

We have family property up there with a couple of trailers on it and from late spring to early fall it would be the perfect place to stay while away from the boat.

During the rest of the year we would stay on the boat and do some cruising down south. Ultimately would like to write books on our adventures, but realize that its performing consulting services that would really bring in the bacon.

I am keeping my options open between a cascade 36 or a 42, the right boat has to come along at the right price.
MC2019 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cruising