Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-11-2017, 12:53   #31

Boat: Formosa CC 47, electric propulsion
Re: Costs of cruising strictly mooring/marina and country entry fees...

Ecuador is OK now, they recently changed that you don't need an shipping agent any more (you can save a $500), harbors are still on the expensive side but not as much than in Panama.
Panama is only expensive if you want to cross the canal otherwise I usually spend less than $20 in papers if I stay less than a week. (you don´t need to buy a cruising permit under 7 days)
Capt. Arnaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2017, 08:12   #32
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

mexico entry fees--visa is under 30 usd, and t i p is approx 50-65 usd. fishing license is also a consideration. that runs 42.70 usd per individual on boat.
there are no anchoring fees in most areas,the exception being in baja. there are some anchorages requiring fee on south east coast of baja peninsula.
old harbor mazatlan requires no fee but 50 peso daily dinghy dock and amenities usage fee.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2017, 10:29   #33

Boat: Allied 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Arnaud View Post
Ecuador is OK now, they recently changed that you don't need an shipping agent any more (you can save a $500), harbors are still on the expensive side but not as much than in Panama.
Panama is only expensive if you want to cross the canal otherwise I usually spend less than $20 in papers if I stay less than a week. (you don´t need to buy a cruising permit under 7 days)

That is great news about changing the law. It was expensive to check in and out when we were there a few years ago.

I don’t see any updates on Noonsite about this new rule. Maybe they have not received the news yet?

Appreciate the heads up

Tags
cruising, fees, mooring