Looking for any information on this boat!
I am a new member
, I am looking at buying
a cruising boat and plan to cruise
world wide in the next 10 or so years. I have some experience but not a huge amount. I will travel with crew most of the time but may single
I am looking at a Swan 36, (which I am leaning toward). But I have found a couple of 1970 Comanche 42's that have the same basic S&S hull
design. I can't find any information on them on this site. Several things interest me about the Comanche:
1. 42' obviously has more space than the 36' Swam.
2. Chris Craft has good reputation for quality power boats.
3. After much study this S&S design seems like a good cruising design.
4. Most people I talk to who know boats think the Swan is a great off shore design and this is about the same.
5. I can get a 42' boat and outfit it for about the same price
as the 36' Swan which is already near ready to go.
6. These boats are stated as built to Hinckley standards.
Questions in general:
Can anybody tell me how these boats have stood up over the there 40+ year life?
I have looked at a couple of Hinckley boats and am impressed as well I am with Swans. What would the statement built to Hinckley standards actually mean, if anything?
Any and all information on the Comanche's would be of interest.