Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2018, 12:39   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Southern Cross 31
cheapest transatlantic

Just wanted to let you know, if you missed the first free release of my book, it is now free again until Thursday, Loose cannon on Deck amazon, 8500 dollars for a boat, 3000 dollars for a re fit, leaving North Carolina with fifty Euros, and arriving almost a year later in Largs Scotland.
atlantical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 14:46   #2

Boat: Com-Pac Eclipse
Re: cheapest transatlantic

I'm in the process of reading it now, thanks!

Coincidentally, I grew up in the area you buy the boat in the novel. Loving it!

I've reviewed it on Amazon, and will continue to update. I'm a slow Kindle reader. Thanks for a good read, so far!
NCGunDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2018, 04:03   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Southern Cross 31
Re: cheapest transatlantic

Thank you for your review, glad you like it. There was a bit more to the reason that I was wasting money when I should have been getting the boat ready. I had tried sailing the Atlantic before, I bought an Irwin Citation 35 on advice from my paid supposedly professional crew, by the time that boat was ready it was December, I wanted to call it off, but the two crew I had, (both with UK yacht masters certificates) insisted they could sail across the Atlantic in the middle of winter. I paid 28000 dollars for that boat, and sold it in Bermuda for 15000, the two crew took off in Bermuda after they realised how bad the Atlantic was in winter, prior to leaving Florida the Americans told us not to go, but they were saying "they are just fair weather sailors, we are the real deal" So I lost a lot on that boat, and I thought that every dollar I spent on this boat, was going to be a dollar abandoned in Hampstead, I was amazed that I got to the UK, and it was due to a lot of luck, though I did have quite a bit of bad luck the good luck out weighed that.
atlantical is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheap