We made an offer to purchase
. The seller accepted the base offer but refused to do the small repairs
we wanted. We agreed to take the boat "as is".
Next Wednesday the surveyor
starts the survey
and that afternoon we do the sea trial. We await a written estimate for two of the little interior repairs
. If all goes well I will tell all the details.
I did not want a project
boat. This is not a project
boat but it is not "perfect" on the inside. The wife wants pretty. I want good sails
etc. We agreed that this is a good boat that needs minor interior
work. I also agreed that the interior work is the first thing that we will do if all goes well at marine survey
and sea trial. This would be before we move aboard.
After the final negotiation I will give details. Right now I don't want to jinx the deal! The boat may be seen at Yacht World # 1472-2026556. We have a quote for insurance
Do you think that I should join Seatow? I think that it would be a good thing to do; what do all of y'll think?
Let's see: Offer to purchase
survey appointment, haul out
appointment, sea trial scheduled, insurance
quote; what have I forgotten? I feel frazzeled. Is that a good word, frazzeled?
My goodness, things have happened quickly. Is there a hurricane
headed for Kemah
or something? Do repairs cost three times what you think and take twice as long or is that they cost twice as much and take three times as long as you estimate?
On pins and needles,