Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-10-2009, 10:01   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishwife
There may be reasons why he wouldn't want it known that he can be hard on a seller.
Hard on a seller!?! If the seller says "this is included in the sales price" and then tries to get away with excluding it at the last moment, especially without being upfront about the exclusion, that is THEFT! I certainly don't consider it "hard on a seller" to expect him not to STEAL from the buyer!

Indeed, as a seller I would much prefer a broker who had the ethics to insist that we should not attempt to defraud the buyer. Wouldn't everyone?
denverd0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2009, 10:39   #17

Boat: Long range motor cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd0n View Post
Hard on a seller!?! If the seller says "this is included in the sales price" and then tries to get away with excluding it at the last moment, especially without being upfront about the exclusion, that is THEFT! I certainly don't consider it "hard on a seller" to expect him not to STEAL from the buyer!

Indeed, as a seller I would much prefer a broker who had the ethics to insist that we should not attempt to defraud the buyer. Wouldn't everyone?
I agree totally. However I don't fully understand the social setting in Spain, though I know it's more convoluted than Britain. The broker did the right thing by me and I'm not going to possibly embarrass him without checking back. I've sent him an email and if he wants the publicity, I'll post his name as soon as he confirms this.

As an aside, years ago I sold a boat through Simon Thomas Yacht Sales in Newhaven, England. It wasn't much of a boat but Simon realised that there was one life jacket less than there should have been. I'd genuinely forgotten that I'd taken it home to have fitted a new quick release on the gas cylinder. He insisted that I drive down that day and deliver it. Another ethical broker.

Paige
fishwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2009, 14:43   #18
cruiser

Given that the loss of the sale of even one boat will cost a broker far more than the price of a battery charger , it's hard to imagine a broker being dense enough to value his reputation less than the cost of a battery charger.
Brent
Brent Swain is offline   Reply With Quote