Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-01-2011, 15:31   #1
Roo

Briand Croiseur Mast and Boom

I posted a thread about a 28 foot sailboat I purchased built by Couach out of France. I can not find any information on the web on this boat but Couach did email me back after I tried three times and said they did launch a fleet of sailboats in the 1970s. My question now is the mast and boom are gold anodized with the logo stamped on them. The logo is Briand Croiseur and from what I have learned thus far is that Phillipe Briand out of London has worked with many yacht builders including some in France. This is as far as I have gotten. I understand that Phillipe Briand is a high quality craftsman and my mast and boom appear to be of the highest quality. I emailed Briand and have yet to receive a response. If anyone has information on a mast and boom by Briand I would be greatly appreciative. Thank you all for your help on this matter.

Roo
Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2011, 13:27   #2

Boat: Gib'Sea 302, 30' - Hydra
Philippe Briand is a French naval architect. He designed many yachts, including some Louis Vuitton's Cup contenders. All this is explained there: Phillipe Briand Ltd - Yachts - yachts design - boats - Bateaux - Racing - Motoryacht

It seems that he crossed the Channel (maybe to escape French taxes). I wouldn't rely on him for help about an old mast.

Alain
Hydra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mast