Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Monohull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-03-2015, 01:43   #1

Boat: 1987 Endeavor 37 B plan
Bought: 1980 37 Endeavor! Thanks to all who helped!

For all of those forum members, sailors, arm chair sailors, cruisers, daysailers, racers everyone who took the time to answer questions, provide advice, encouragement and information over the last few months, a huge and heartfelt thank you. My wife and I went from a pipe dream 3 months ago to signing the deal on a very well kept 1980 endeavor yesterday. For 36k, we have a fully equipped cruising boat, CQR/Danforth, all the electronics one could want, plotter, 2 extra gps, 3 vhfs, 2012 dingy and outboard, great set of near new house and starting batterys, good sails, furling, standing and running rigging, and get this....1980 endeavor with a professionally installed and working bow thruster?!?!? For total neophytes like us, that is probably worth the cost of the boat.

Even better is the people we got it from. I've heard boat people are the best there are, and I'm inclined to agree! They insisted we come back by and spend a full day with them going for a sail so the owners, one of whom has a gazillion years sailing experience and coast guard auxiallry can walk us through all the systems and operation of the boat, not only that they are going to delivery the boat with us to the mooring in boot key harbor. Which, is about .75 nm away haha. Saved a bundle on delivery. All I need to do is upgrade the solar for on the hook living and its turnkey.

We have a year to 2 of intense learning and training ahead of us while living aboard in a lovely cruiser friendly community(in florida no less) and in a socioeconomic class I will kindly call "not starving" sail off for a 5 year cruise at 40 years old.

Challenges ahead! Work, fustration, fear, arguments! But the dream is doable for those who have the right attitude in almost any circumstances.

If there is anyone here in boot key right now, feel free to pm an incoming neighbor, I'd love to pick brains for the cost of a nice home cooked dinner and your favorite beer!

Thanks again everyone!
essej4269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2015, 01:55   #2
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: Bought: 1980 37 Endeavor! Thanks to all who helped!

Nice report. Have fun!
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2015, 02:50   #3
running down a dream

Boat: cape dory 30 MKII
Send a message via Yahoo to gonesail

cheers and congrats on your new boat. agree with you about your take on boat people. have fun living aboard and not starving
Old 31-03-2015, 05:11   #4

Boat: Beneteau OC 41

That boat just caught my eye. We're headed for the Keys week after next; so, was going to take a look. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
robgrant1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2015, 05:28   #5

Boat: Stevens 47

Congrats!

Alex at SeaTek is the guy to talk to about upgrading your solar farm..or anything else boatie!

You won't find a better guy to work with, and his phone # is on the info package bag that you'll receive when you check into Boot Key Harbour.

We are more than satisfied with the results we have from him...oh, and he likes Oreo cookies!<grin>

gunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by essej4269 View Post
For all of those forum members, sailors, arm chair sailors, cruisers, daysailers, racers everyone who took the time to answer questions, provide advice, encouragement and information over the last few months, a huge and heartfelt thank you. My wife and I went from a pipe dream 3 months ago to signing the deal on a very well kept 1980 endeavor yesterday. For 36k, we have a fully equipped cruising boat, CQR/Danforth, all the electronics one could want, plotter, 2 extra gps, 3 vhfs, 2012 dingy and outboard, great set of near new house and starting batterys, good sails, furling, standing and running rigging, and get this....1980 endeavor with a professionally installed and working bow thruster?!?!? For total neophytes like us, that is probably worth the cost of the boat.

Even better is the people we got it from. I've heard boat people are the best there are, and I'm inclined to agree! They insisted we come back by and spend a full day with them going for a sail so the owners, one of whom has a gazillion years sailing experience and coast guard auxiallry can walk us through all the systems and operation of the boat, not only that they are going to delivery the boat with us to the mooring in boot key harbor. Which, is about .75 nm away haha. Saved a bundle on delivery. All I need to do is upgrade the solar for on the hook living and its turnkey.

We have a year to 2 of intense learning and training ahead of us while living aboard in a lovely cruiser friendly community(in florida no less) and in a socioeconomic class I will kindly call "not starving" sail off for a 5 year cruise at 40 years old.

Challenges ahead! Work, fustration, fear, arguments! But the dream is doable for those who have the right attitude in almost any circumstances.

If there is anyone here in boot key right now, feel free to pm an incoming neighbor, I'd love to pick brains for the cost of a nice home cooked dinner and your favorite beer!

Thanks again everyone!
gunkylump is offline   Reply With Quote