Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 07:34   #16

Re: Bordeaux 60 - The Matter of Affection

I have a list with more than 200 issues after factory. so far- so good. but this list is matching by 90% on all of them.
@ Polux:
Tell me how we come in contact. We do a Phone- or Skype call.
bordeauxskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:38   #17

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: We're technically refugees from our home in Yemen now living in Lebenon
Boat: 1978 CT48

Have you had a look here?
http://www.superyachtsreview.com/eve...60-palma-rally

I cant get the thing to completely open with my slow connection.
James S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2013, 06:21   #18

Any further thoughts on the Bordeaux 60? I'm seriously considering buying a used one myself and would be interested to hear any feedback/comments. Another option is the Hanse 63.. anyone have thoughts on that?
jghaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2014, 04:48   #19

Boat: Hanse 508

To Bordeauxskipper and Double Wiskey: A yacht is a "she" and not an "it". That's because yachts cost you a fortune to buy and even more to support her. :-) I also was in Düsseldorf and even had an appointment with the present German dealer (RBK Yachting). But this was a desaster. First they put us (my wife and another sailing couple) with a youngster whose only reputation was being son of parents who happen to own a Bordeaux60 themselves. Second he preferred sitting around and let us look around on this - no doubt about this - marvelous yacht instead of giving some explanations. When the boss finally turned up we were asked straight away if we were interested in buying this boat. When we said that we were not yet in this state, he quickly said goodbye and that was it. We weren't even offered some propects! I don't know this yacht very well but I would never buy with this dealer. An hour later we were at the X-yachts stand and had a one hour (!) talk with a very nice (Swiss) dealer. What a difference!
tobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2014, 05:03   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghaft View Post
Any further thoughts on the Bordeaux 60? I'm seriously considering buying a used one myself and would be interested to hear any feedback/comments. Another option is the Hanse 63.. anyone have thoughts on that?
We also own a Hanse (470e) and were looking at the Bordeaux60 at Duesseldorf. But this is two different pair of shoes! It's not even the price, it's the philosophy of these companies, CNB and Hanse Group. Hanse Group wants to sell by quantity and CNB by quality. Even at this level of "big" yachts you will detect many details on a Hanse that can never compete with a Bordeaux. If you are interested in a Hanse I can tell you lot how to deal with them, I have good connections. Send me a PM.
Old 30-01-2014, 06:26   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukedh View Post
DoubleWhisky

There is a very long and informative thread on building a Bordeaux 60 on the Yachting and Boating World, YBO, Scuttlebutt forum. Illustrated, 29 pages long. Use the forum search facility.
Dear Doubel Whisky
Could you please post the link to it?
Thanks mate!
Old 30-01-2014, 06:34   #22

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Ocean Star 56.1 LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobo View Post
Dear Doubel Whisky
Could you please post the link to it?
Thanks mate!
Sorry, it was not me, who posted about this thread

It was lukedh

Regards

Tomasz

P.S.
After visiting the yard, some discussions and meeting with the pro skippers of two boats we abandoned the idea...
No all affections are eternal

DoubleWhisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2014, 11:01   #23

Ups, here must have gone something terrribly wrong. What made you change your mind of not buying your so beloved Bordeaux 60? And what do you see as alternative? There aren't a lot of different yachts in the 60' range that offer similiar qualities. (cockpit with lines lead astern, elevated saloon, big pantry and nice owner cabin with side bed).
Thomas
Old 30-01-2014, 14:21   #24

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobo View Post
Ups, here must have gone something terrribly wrong. What made you change your mind? And what do you see as alternative? There aren't a lot of different yachts in the 60' range that offer similiar qualities. (cockpit with lines lead astern, elevated saloon, big pantry and nice owner cabin with side bed).
Thomas
Terribly wrong? No, but not very good also
  1. I was interested in the layout with the owners cabin aft. Unhappily it does exist only on drawings. CNB admitted, that in reality they can not provide enough room aft to put a decent cabin aft. It is only my assumption, but or it was a mistake in design, or something was changed later and they just didn't disturb themselves with taking it out of the offer.
  2. They claimed it is semicustom boat, but in the matter of fact their flexibility was similar to production yards, and any modification - if possible at all - was terribly expensive.
  3. All options from normal option list was hugely overpriced in my opinion, leading to the much less attractive price.
  4. Additions to deck hardware were not acceptable for them, and standard boat was not convenient for being sailed by couple.
  5. Outsourcing some works to have a boat up to our needs was possible, but overall raise in cost would be about 50 %.
  6. We were informed by skippers about numerous technical issues on these boats.
I stopped searching for new boat because of health issues banning me from sailing for more than two years, but You are right - it is not easy in this size range - I think I will investigate new Discovery 58 in the future.

Best regards

Tomasz
Old 31-01-2014, 02:36   #25

Dear Tomasz

The Discovery 58 definitely is a good yacht, too; probably not as fast as a Bordeaux 60 but very roomy and safe.
An aft owner cabin asks for a bridge or a center cockpit. Personally we prefer to sleep in the bow to hear the anchor and to avoid the noise of guests sitting long in the cockpit.
The technical issues would be interesting for me. Maybe you can give a reference or sum it up. (I know it's delicate for the brand, but for the Hanses we have an own forum discussing all issues without hesitation of being critical).
Enjoy your stay at sea as much as you can if the time is limited. Good luck!
Thomas
Old 31-01-2014, 04:31   #26

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Try to contact Bordeauxskipper and Erik C. You will find them in this thread
Old 04-05-2014, 00:40   #27

You are right with the " she".
But in the case of a bordaux60 it will be a ... Think.
I'm not able to talk in respect for a peace of .... Bad made Fiberglas.
bordeauxskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:07   #28

Lots of useful observations and interesting comments here. I, too, have been looking at the Bordeaux 60, initially as a comparison with the Shipman 59, which is really my benchmark. I looked round a second hand boat last weekend and very much liked what I saw. But, like a previous poster to this thread, I don't have the finances lined up to enable any quick decision. Indeed, I'm really doing research until I finish my time with the Royal Navy next year, when I'm thinking of going back to sea. I first saw the Shipman 59 at about the same time this thread was started; the first, and I think the only one so far, was launched last summer. Obviously no second hand ones to consider, and limited chance of a test sail, which places the Bordeaux 60 in a more favourable position. I too am very curious to understand @bordeauxskipper's experience: design issues, build issues, the very cramped skipper's quarters in the bow? Whatever steps I take, I'll probably need to charter to help cover costs. But shared ownership, if it means getting just what I think I'm after, is an option, as is looking for something smaller and deciding that's actually what I'm after.
BacktoSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2016, 05:58   #29

If not such a big trouble, may I ask for the list? Thank you very much in advance.
MehmetCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 23:46   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MehmetCan View Post
If not such a big trouble, may I ask for the list? Thank you very much in advance.
good morning all, i'm considering the bordeaux 60, but....cannot fing much stuff on the web, so i'll be more than happy to read the list someone mentioned here, or at least their own experience with this vessel.

thanks a lot.
marcello66 is offline   Reply With Quote