Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-2017, 01:51   #1696
Moderator
 
weavis's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: SEVILLE - MALLORCA
Posts: 10,135
Send a message via Skype™ to weavis
Re: Bestevaer 49ST

Congrats on your half boat launch....


Oh man... great job, great day and ......

Well just.. WOOHOOO!!
__________________

__________________
- Never test how deep the water is with both feet -
10% of conflicts are due to different opinions. 90% by the tone of voice.
Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.
weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 02:00   #1697
Moderator
 
Seaworthy Lass's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2008
Boat: Aluminium cutter rigged sloop
Posts: 12,813
Re: Bestevaer 49ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavis View Post
Congrats on your half boat launch....


Oh man... great job, great day and ......

Well just.. WOOHOOO!!
Thanks Weav .

Exactly 24 hours later the grin is still permanently plastered on my face .
__________________

__________________
"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea." Isak Dinesen
"To me the simple act of tying a knot is an adventure in unlimited space." Clifford Ashley
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 02:06   #1698
Moderator
 
weavis's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: SEVILLE - MALLORCA
Posts: 10,135
Send a message via Skype™ to weavis
Re: Bestevaer 49ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaworthy Lass View Post
Thanks Weav .

Exactly 24 hours later the grin is still permanently plastered on my face .
Its your home baby... Yours and Noelex. How could all of us who sail not be overjoyed at the 97% mark for you.....

The heating works... bugger the sailing characteristics.... Thats all that really matters...

Oh man.... A great day.
__________________
- Never test how deep the water is with both feet -
10% of conflicts are due to different opinions. 90% by the tone of voice.
Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.
weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 02:15   #1699
Moderator
 
weavis's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: SEVILLE - MALLORCA
Posts: 10,135
Send a message via Skype™ to weavis
Re: Bestevaer 49ST

I dont care what the rest of the day brings here in Seville. I am delighted and happy for the down under twosome and their new home.

In watching it develop from a sketch to a huge lump of carefully designed aluminium in the water, I too have happy emotions at seeing it... I think the other vessel that give me the same joy is Alex and his rebuild of a Cat.

I think the wind in Seville carries onions or there is allergies in the air... slight moistness in the eyes...

Now to sea trial it...

A good day mi amigos.
__________________
- Never test how deep the water is with both feet -
10% of conflicts are due to different opinions. 90% by the tone of voice.
Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.
weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 02:27   #1700
Moderator
 
Seaworthy Lass's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2008
Boat: Aluminium cutter rigged sloop
Posts: 12,813
Re: Bestevaer 49ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by weavis View Post
I dont care what the rest of the day brings here in Seville. I am delighted and happy for the down under twosome and their new home.

In watching it develop from a sketch to a huge lump of carefully designed aluminium in the water, I too have happy emotions at seeing it... I think the other vessel that give me the same joy is Alex and his rebuild of a Cat.

I think the wind in Seville carries onions or there is allergies in the air... slight moistness in the eyes...

Now to sea trial it...

A good day mi amigos.
Weav, this next photo is for you .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4591.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	427.3 KB
ID:	160191  
__________________
"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea." Isak Dinesen
"To me the simple act of tying a knot is an adventure in unlimited space." Clifford Ashley
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 02:30   #1701
CF Adviser
 
Pelagic's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2007
Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
Posts: 6,890
Re: Bestevaer 49ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaworthy Lass View Post
The boat was launched yesterday, the 6th of December .
It was Saint Nicholas' Day, an auspicious day as Sinterklaas is not only associated with gift giving, but he is also the patron saint of sailors.

SWL
Very auspicious day and the perfect gift.

I remember leaving Holland on same day after living in Alsmeer for 2 years overseeing a new build.

Was so happy and relieved to be heading to Antigua, but the weather was more the ominous color of Saint Nicholas's helper
__________________
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 02:52   #1702
Moderator
 
Seaworthy Lass's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2008
Boat: Aluminium cutter rigged sloop
Posts: 12,813
Re: Bestevaer 49ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
Very auspicious day and the perfect gift.

I remember leaving Holland on same day after living in Alsmeer for 2 years overseeing a new build.

Was so happy and relieved to be heading to Antigua, but the weather was more the ominous color of Saint Nicholas's helper
We were lucky with the weather. It has been continually gusting to the mid 40's today. A sprinkling of snow is even forecast late tomorrow.
__________________
"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea." Isak Dinesen
"To me the simple act of tying a knot is an adventure in unlimited space." Clifford Ashley
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 04:50   #1703
mrm
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Poland, EU
Boat: crew on Bavaria 38 Cruiser
Posts: 651
Re: Bestevaer 49ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaworthy Lass View Post
Weav, this next photo is for you .
Congratulations

What troubles me a bit in this photo though.. Should I be able to see the green nav light from this angle at all?
__________________
mrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 06:00   #1704
CF Adviser
 
Pelagic's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2007
Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
Posts: 6,890
Re: Bestevaer 49ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm View Post
Congratulations

What troubles me a bit in this photo though.. Should I be able to see the green nav light from this angle at all?
If memory serves me correctly even on a vessel 20 meters or more, you are allowed a few degrees horizontal crossover on the sidelights
Less than 20m not so important as you cannot get the horizontal separation and they even allow a combined red/green lens with a single light element.

It does though emphasize the need for small boats to make dramatic course changes at night so as not to confuse the other boat, when you are bouncing around.
__________________
Pelagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 07:08   #1705
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 43
Re: Bestevaer 49ST

Congratulations on the Splash of your new MDD(Mantus Delivery Device)!!! I hope there are drysuits laid in so that we can immediately resume anchor photos in Holland in December

Seriously though, congratulations to both of you, and thank you for allowing us to see behind the curtain to the whole process. I hope you know how valuable a contribution that has been to all of us cruisers. Even those of us who will likely not ever order a new custom boat got a lot of benefit from seeing the thought that goes into the decisions and development.
__________________
Cu Mor Glas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 07:32   #1706
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 2,418
Re: Bestevaer 49ST

+1 Congrats and thanks!
__________________
john61ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 07:46   #1707
Registered User
 
DDabs's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: St. George's, Grenada
Boat: Caliber 40LRC
Posts: 1,505
Images: 16
Re: Bestevaer 49ST

Wow! I can't believe she's finally in the water!!! What an awesome journey this thread has been, can't tell you enough how much I've enjoyed reading and viewing your photos. I send your vessel my thoughts and prayers for a long and happy life at sea! Can't wait to see more.
__________________
DDabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 07:57   #1708
Registered User
 
Panope's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Washington State
Boat: Colvin, Saugeen Witch (Aluminum), 34'
Posts: 1,593
Re: Bestevaer 49ST

Noelex/SWL,

You guys are an amazing team.

Enjoy that fabulous boat!

Steve
Panope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 08:06   #1709
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Lake City Florida
Posts: 19
Re: Bestevaer 49ST

Congrats!

I have thoroughly enjoyed this most awesome journey you have shared with all of us!

Jealous? You betcha! Hope to see you one day on the water!
__________________
Happiness is only one thought away....or really happiness is just one sail away
Gafferfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 09:18   #1710
Moderator
 
Seaworthy Lass's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2008
Boat: Aluminium cutter rigged sloop
Posts: 12,813
Re: Bestevaer 49ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cu Mor Glas View Post
Congratulations on the Splash of your new MDD(Mantus Delivery Device)!!! I hope there are drysuits laid in so that we can immediately resume anchor photos in Holland in December

Seriously though, congratulations to both of you, and thank you for allowing us to see behind the curtain to the whole process. I hope you know how valuable a contribution that has been to all of us cruisers. Even those of us who will likely not ever order a new custom boat got a lot of benefit from seeing the thought that goes into the decisions and development.
Quote:
Originally Posted by john61ct View Post
+1 Congrats and thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDabs View Post
Wow! I can't believe she's finally in the water!!! What an awesome journey this thread has been, can't tell you enough how much I've enjoyed reading and viewing your photos. I send your vessel my thoughts and prayers for a long and happy life at sea! Can't wait to see more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panope View Post
Noelex/SWL,

You guys are an amazing team.

Enjoy that fabulous boat!

Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gafferfan View Post
Congrats!

I have thoroughly enjoyed this most awesome journey you have shared with all of us!

Jealous? You betcha! Hope to see you one day on the water!
Thanks everyone .

I think it will take a few decades for the euphoria to wear off . I have to continually keep pinching myself to check that this is for real .

SWL
__________________

__________________
"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea." Isak Dinesen
"To me the simple act of tying a knot is an adventure in unlimited space." Clifford Ashley
Seaworthy Lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any Experience / Comments about Bestevaer Design gouralnik Monohull Sailboats 1 27-05-2010 04:21



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 21:37.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.